What to do in Fort Lauderdale, FL?

matonanjin

Any members on here from Fort Lauderdale, Florida? Or familiar with it?

My wife and I are just a month away from the Keeping the Blues Alive at Sea cruise. And, as you can well imagine, really getting excited about it.

We are flying into Fort Lauderdale a couple days early (rather than Miami). And normally we take a short week and hang out in the Keys after the cruise. This year we are not able to do that.

So to any of you familiar with Fort Lauderdale, for the couple extra days before we head down to the Port of Miami, any suggestions on "must see's" ?
  • We are only going to have Sunday and Monday then head to the Port Tuesday. So no renting a car and driving somewhere with limited time.
  • With me, what ever suggested can not involve much walking
  • It does not have to be guitar related. In fact, if I suggest a guitar store to my wife I may not make it to the cruise:eek:
  • Any recommendations appreciated. Restaurants, shopping areas, museums, art areas.
Thanks.

I’ve spent a lot of time just north at Boynton Beach. Obviously, the public beach is long and nice at Lauderdale. If you have access to a car, you might just want to head north on A1A. Lots of pretty scenery, and if you go as far as Palm Beach, you will see some extraordinary homes on the water; some of the most expensive real estate in the US.

Back