What the *#+^ is up with Photobucket?

So, I noticed on my latest credit card bill that Photobucket has billed my card $99 for my annual renewal. So, being the curious type who likes to know how someone uses my money, I looked at the plans on the site. In addition to a "free plan" which apparently is new, I find the following information:

Pricing

The cost of a paid account varies depending on your needs. Please note, yearly subscriptions are billed annually.

Beginner

• You may choose to pay either monthly at $4.48/month or yearly for $48.38/year (equivalent to $4.03/month).
  • 25 GB of storage space (Approximately 2,500 photos).
Intermediate

• You may choose to pay either monthly at $6.48/month or yearly for $69.98/year (equivalent to $5.83/month).
  • 250 GB of storage space (Approximately 25,000 photos).
Expert

• You may choose to pay either monthly at $11.48/month or yearly for $123.98/year (equivalent to $10.33/month).
  • 1 TB of storage space (Approximately 100,000 photos).

So, where the hell did my renewal $99 fee come from? (Of course you can't call them either). Has the "Comcast method of renewal billing" taken over the world? :confused::confused::confused::(:mad:

Sorry to hear this man. I never use paid sites for this reason.

It's exactly the same thing as having a gym membership. If you don't pay attention, they'll just keep charging you.

I'm looking into one of them newfangled prepaid debit cards. As I understand it, you load the thing with cash, and when it's empty, nobody can rob you.

I do suspect easy hackability due to it not being a real banking card so, I think only an idiot would use their real credit/debit card to load their prepaid card.

My photobucket cost is $0.00

When they tried to pull that extortion bit on us a year or so ago, I pulled everything off the site and I ain't goin back. I don't mind a site making money, but to allow free services, (not really free if they get advertising dollars for our participation), and then change to $400 when they have you invested in the site; that's extortion and that is why they can't shmooze me enough to lure me back.

This guy gets it.

giphy.gif

Lol

Sunday Ticket is up over $300 now - don't know the exact price because I haven't bought it in years. The last time I had it, they gave it to us free because we'd been customers for so long. I bought it the first year they had it - on the big dish! - for $69. I think we kept it until it went over $100, then decided it wasn't worth it. I don't watch enough football to justify it. Center Ice is a different story - if it wasn't for that package, I'd have to seriously consider bailing on DirecTV. The Sunday Ticket crap is one thing, but they keep playing chicken with programming providers - Viacom is the latest. Looks like we lose their channels tonight at midnight. Fortunately, I have Fios to fall back on (yes, I know - it's stupid to have a second pay TV package, but it made for a cheaper deal to get internet & phone service). The only problem is I don't have a DVR on the Fios, so I have to start remembering when things are on.

Made me think:

We subscribe to TV
Advertisers pay to market their sh it on TV

If you think about it
We're paying for the privilege to watch commercials
And it's always the worst during prime time
Bastards.

LMFAO

I used to store pix on my PC
Then I relented and got a MySpace
Then I relented and got FB

Then, FB got retarded with Farmville and people posting stupid sh it so, I put tens of thousands of pics on my laptop.

And then the fu ckin thing crashed...

FML

I been using phone storage since I switched to Android a few years back. And it gets cluttered so I'll create folders upon folders and then purge.

Only started using PB cause this forum doesn't have an intelligent, user-friendly uploading service... Hint hint moderators

Today's response ("grandfathered" my a$$):

Moss (Photobucket Support)

Mar 27, 10:27 AM MDT

Hey there,

Looking at your account I see that you are grandfathered in to our Premium level subscription plan. If you would like to, I can update your account to downgrade to a different level subscription plan at the time of your next recurring billing date.

Please let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Kind Regards,

Today's response ("grandfathered" my a$$):

Moss (Photobucket Support)

Mar 27, 10:27 AM MDT

Hey there,

Looking at your account I see that you are grandfathered in to our Premium level subscription plan. If you would like to, I can update your account to downgrade to a different level subscription plan at the time of your next recurring billing date.

Please let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Kind Regards,

I think what they meant by “grandfathered” is: too old and afraid of technology that you won’t notice we’re f@cking you.

Back