What strap lock do you use?

Discussion in 'PTC - PRS Tech Center' started by littlebadboy, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Boogie

Boogie SuperD

Fixed my problem by keeping all of the new parts except the shaft. Put the old one back in and it works better for me. Totally interchangeable.

2. matt3310

matt3310 New Member

I've used Schallers on everything for years and have never had a single issue.

But one time I bought a set of the Schaller knock offs. Looks just like the real deal. Be warned, they are NOT the same! The Strap button wore though in a couple of months, and the actual strap lock felt very cheap and bent easily. I threw them away and will not use anything but real Schallers.

Boogie and Alnus Rubra like this.
  3. cvballa008

cvballa008 New Member

honestly I tried the schallers and I hated them. I ONLY use dunlops on mine now.

Bill SAS 513 likes this.
  4. DougUSMC

DougUSMC Perpetual Practicer

Wow, hate is a pretty strong word for a strap lock! ;)

What was it about them that caused such a reaction?

5. cvballa008

cvballa008 New Member

I hated the ergonomics of them. trying to hold the weight of the guitar, while pulling the spring and then aligning the "u" on the strap to the pole. it was just really awkward for me. too many variables that could go wrong. I didn't like the retention system on the piece that went to the strap itself. any quality leather strap you had, you had to trim the little bits off to make it so the threads could properly fit through the hole. and you don't have as much range in movement of the guitar when playing with it on. it doesn't flow as easily as the dunlops. sorry for the spill haha. I seriously hate their strap locks. terrible design, however absolutely love their locking tuners.