What Should Be the Next U.S. Production Model?

Daniel

What would you like to see as the next acoustic production model built in the U.S.?

A variant on the two current models with different woods (I like redwood tops)?
A different body size such as an OOO with 12th fret neck join?
A twelve string?
A uke?
Something else altogether?

Let's hear about what you'd buy if PRS built it.

I'd really like to see a mid-level production model. The SE's look very cool for their price range (still have not been able to demo one), and the Angelus/Tonare are pure bliss. With that being said, there is a huge market gap between the two. One model being under a thousand, the other $5K+. I'd love to see a production model somewhere in the 2-3K range. For now, I'm happy playing Taylors, but would love to have a PRS acoustic in the collection. I picked up a brand new 814ce in the mid 2K's this summer, seems like PRS could make something comparable in that neighborhood?

Obviously, there's so much more to take into account, like the tooling costs for setting up an acoustic assembly process. Other manufacturers who primarily make acoustics have an advantage there, PRS needs to recoup those costs, I get it. Down the line...preferably in 2.5 years when I'm out of school....think about it!

I'd love to see something like this: Ovangkol back/sides, spruce top, mahog neck, some nice ornamentation-but not too much, PIII non-lockers, new style birds (even moons), ebony board-bridge, standard cases...maybe some finish options...and a street price sub $3,000?

I'd really like to see a mid-level production model. ... I'd love to see a production model somewhere in the 2-3K range.

Beat me to it - my thoughts exactly. I only very occasionally play acoustic, and I'd like a US production guitar but not at £3500.

All hog OM body style with 12 fret neck join. No frills except maple body binding. Bone nut and saddle, moon inlays in a dark rosewood fingerboard (or cocobolo), phase III tuners, 1 3/4" nut width, maple soundhole inlay, satin finish.

One that I can afford without being Korean. (SE) It would be nice to have an American affordable option.

One that I can afford without being Korean. (SE) It would be nice to have an American affordable option.

I'm assuming you've played one of the Maryland acoustics, so you know how incredible they are in every way. I would hate to see the acoustic line watered down to become less than what they are now.

When buying one, I was certainly concerned about the price, but decided it was worth waiting/saving for. I like that they're made to such a high standard.

Just my two cents, and I completely understand the desire to own a US-made PRS.

- 2013 CE line
- US 7 String Custom 24
- Piezo Trem
- Singlecut 408

doesn't matter to me because PRS Acoustics are completely un-obtainable to me. Just completely way out there price wise. I consider taylors and Breedloves to be overpriced but they look affordable by PRS standards.

That being said, while I haven not played one they look absolutely stunning. If it plays and sounds as good as they look - My dream guitar ( as I have mentioned many times here already) that I'll never own.

doesn't matter to me because PRS Acoustics are completely un-obtainable to me. Just completely way out there price wise. I consider taylors and Breedloves to be overpriced but they look affordable by PRS standards.

That being said, while I haven not played one they look absolutely stunning. If it plays and sounds as good as they look - My dream guitar ( as I have mentioned many times here already) that I'll never own.

There is a very significant difference between a USA PRS acoustic and even a very nice Taylor or Breedlove, as unlikely as that sounds. I've owned very high end and limited run Taylors, Collings, and Martins.

Each has its charms. Each is superb. But the PRS acoustics are simply on another planet.

As my son said handing mine back to me after playing it, "My Taylor is just a wood plank in comparison."

Take a look at Larrivee

Back