What PRS pickup has less high end? The 59/09 or the 57/08? And other questions

Although I love 59/09 in the neck position I have to admit I love both sets..... Like salt and pepper, gotta have both You need another guitar ;)

I love the 57/08 neck with 59/09 bridge combo. I did that in the HB Spruce.

JOHE8pG.jpg

got any sound demos with that combo? Especially in HB !! I'd love to hear them

Nothing really great quality. Still working on improving my recording abilities. I could shoot you over a phone recorded demo but that’s all I’ve got and have time for at the moment.

Curious... I think you do from hollowbody post but I'll ask anyway, do you have 58/15's and what's your thoughts on them compared to 5708 and other 5909

I haven’t had 58/15’s, but I have had 2 sets of 58/15LT’s. I look at 58/15LT’s like high-def 57/08’s.

I haven’t tried them in the HB. I just swapped out the Archtops for the new setup and it does everything I want.

I haven’t had 58/15’s, but I have had 2 sets of 58/15LT’s. I look at 58/15LT’s like high-def 57/08’s.

I haven’t tried them in the HB. I just swapped out the Archtops for the new setup and it does everything I want.
I'm enjoying the 58/15LT TCI's in my new HBII/Piezo and the 594HII. I'll PM you my number if and when you have some time maybe you can record and text... strum some chords and pick some licks so I can hear your 5708N and 5909B set up. Doesn't have to be long.

I just picked up a CU22 with 57/08's and compared them to my '09 Experience guitar. The 57/08's are warmer and not as hot as the 59/09s. I'm still comparing them and need to adjust the pickup/pole heights a little, but when I played the guitars side by side through my preamp, there was a clear difference in tone and drive. I may swap the out the 57/08 treble for the 59/09 and see what that combo sounds like. Love having options.

I just picked up a CU22 with 57/08's and compared them to my '09 Experience guitar. The 57/08's are warmer and not as hot as the 59/09s. I'm still comparing them and need to adjust the pickup/pole heights a little, but when I played the guitars side by side through my preamp, there was a clear difference in tone and drive. I may swap the out the 57/08 treble for the 59/09 and see what that combo sounds like. Love having options.

57/08 neck with 59/09 treble is a popular combo. I have it in my HB and it rocks.

Go for the Vela with a 57/08 bridge, and I put a late 60’s Gibson mini-hum bucket in the neck…talk about great tone! ( not trying to hijack the thread, just commenting on the project of a fellow forum brother!) as for the 57/08/ 59/09 combo, I have that in a Custom 22…try it, you might just love it!

Back