What PRS Guitars have jumbo frets?

AustinQ

Hi all, just picked up a keeper DGT (after going through a few that didn't stick). Like most of my guitars, it has jumbo frets. I'm already on the prowl for a Custom 24 Floyd as that will fit a hole in my collection.

I'm wondering what other guitars have jumbo frets. Specifically I'm wonder if the Brushstroke 24s from 2014 had them? According to the website, the current Paul's Guitars do, but I can't find any specs on the BS24s.

Last edited:
I wasn't aware that the Paul's had them. I had a 2015 Paul's that had the normal frets. The only other guitar with "bigger frets" is the 594. It has DGT like frets that have been "rounded" slightly to make them feel "played in." I have to say, they are fantastic.

The PRS website doesn't mention anything about the 594s fret-wise, but it says the Santa and Paul's guitar have jumbo frets. Not sure how accurate the website is though.

Eating a rice cake w/ peanut butter. Jumbo frets? No thanks. Feel better when Jimi is playing, and he's got the guitar in hand. (Before PRS, though...)

I had a Brushstroke 24 it felt the same as all my other PRS , but I can't really tell the different with my DGT and my other PRS.
It was a great playing guitar.

Eating a rice cake w/ peanut butter. Jumbo frets? No thanks. Feel better when Jimi is playing, and he's got the guitar in hand. (Before PRS, though...)

CP, have you had any medications adjusted lately? Starting to get a little concerned...

Unfortunately, there aren’t too many options for big frets at PRS. The Santana does have big frets like the DGT...err...the near perfect guitar. But if there were, I’d have them.

Bump!

My 2014 Stripped 58 has jumbo frets. My tech verified this as well. It's very obvious compared to my PRS SC250, 2001 SC, CE22 and Gibson LP Standard. They all have medium jumbo frets.

The frets on my Stripped 58 and obviously taller and require a light touch. I feel the more than the fretboard, whereas I feel the fretboard more on my medium jumbo fret guitars. It feels very different but I enjoy both. I quickly get used to whichever guitar I am playing.

I'm not sure why so many shred guitars typically had jumbo frets. I haven't seen many Gibsons with them either.

I would assume the SC245, SC58 and McCarty 594 have jumbo frets.

Take the source with a grain of salt

Bump!

My 2014 Stripped 58 has jumbo frets. My tech verified this as well. It's very obvious compared to my PRS SC250, 2001 SC, CE22 and Gibson LP Standard. They all have medium jumbo frets.

The frets on my Stripped 58 and obviously taller and require a light touch. I feel the more than the fretboard, whereas I feel the fretboard more on my medium jumbo fret guitars. It feels very different but I enjoy both. I quickly get used to whichever guitar I am playing.

I'm not sure why so many shred guitars typically had jumbo frets. I haven't seen many Gibsons with them either.

I would assume the SC245, SC58 and McCarty 594 have jumbo frets.
I've never noticed jumbo on my SC58. I like jumbo, but never noticed it like I do on a couple of my others. I'll have to double check when home. Stick around and we might learn something..

I've never noticed jumbo on my SC58. I like jumbo, but never noticed it like I do on a couple of my others. I'll have to double check when home. Stick around and we might learn something..
My Stripped 58 has them for sure.
Sinificantly different from my other PRSs.

I will never understand the hate for jumbos like I see in some of the replies on this thread.
To me they feel so much better and substantial that any gtr I had refretted I went that way, including the SS fret job on my prized HB.

"PRS guitars use Jescar fretwire. The standard is 47104 while DGTs use 57110. They’re approximately the equivalents of Dunlop 6150 and 6100." Santana's also use jumbo

Back