What PRS amps do you own?

Got an HXDA 30 head in None More Black tolex, and a DG30 in Creme de la Creme. PRS cabs for both amps. Also had an HXDA 50 head before I got the 30.

Obligatory pic:

FGJn0my.jpg

CURRENT: Archon 100, Archon 25, C, Dallas, HxDA.

PREVIOUS: Original Sewell, H, Sweet 16

I’m still hoping they do an AC30 style amp.

Then I’ll buy it, my life will be complete, and I can die in peace (not that I’m in any hurry, of course). :eek:

I have my trusty Custom 50, and couldn't help but stumble upon an MT15. Stuff happens.

43885380842_0a22484fc7_c.jpg

Glad to see some more of those Paisley 50's out there!!!

I recently modded my Custom 50, in a few ways, to tighten the low end as well as influence the tone stack response. I won't go into detail, they were minor changes, but I like it even more now. The big mouth cab I'm using is a bass machine, mostly in a good way, but some tweaks to the amp helped. But, I would say in general, the MT15 and Custom 50 are at opposite ends of the spectrum of PRS 2 channel amps. To have played them both, there's no question that they have many similarities, such as the EQ sweet spots, clean tone, insane amount of raw volume, and robust features. The Custom 50 has a lot of gain, but somehow it's also very unsatured compared to the MT15, probably due to having several less gain stages. Even with what would sound on the surface like relatively similar amounts of distortion on the lead channels, the effect of a tone shaping boost pedal is much more apparent on the Custom 50. Fewer gain stages just make it much more transparent. I've really been liking the fact that I have two ends of the spectrum, within a family of amps I love.

I also used to have an SE30. Strangely enough, it just popped up used at the local GC. It sat somewhere between the Custom 50 and MT15, leaning more toward the Custom 50 but with a twist of more modern EQ. Now that I familiarized myself with the internals on the Custom 50, part of me wants to grab it and tweak the insides, but those PCB's are a nightmare to trace, and it won't do anything that my other amps don't already do. I just have fond memories of it.

Currently
Sweet 16 head first run, no mods.
Sweet 16 Paisley combo
Custom 20 head (sweet)
2 tuxedo 1x12 cabs

Formerly
Sweet 16 rev B head
Bugs Henderson Dallas combo

Back