What pickups on my P22?

grupps

Hi All, I cant seem to get a definitive answer to what pickups I have on my gorgeous P22 10 top black gold burst that I just received. I assumed when ordering it thet it came with 57/08s, but the booklet that came with it states p22 having 53/10s. It doesnt make a great deal of difference to me because the guitar sounds as sweet as I expected, but it would be nice to know all the same.
The serial on the head reads 13 200146 if that helps matters. My thinking is a 2013 model ( it better be ), so it should have 57/08s as stated in the website specs.
Any clues? Is there an easy way of identifying which? Cheers

If it's a 2013 model (the 13 in front of the serial denotes yours as a 2013 model) it likely has uncovered 57/08's. What does your hang tag say? If it had P22 pickups, it would say on the hang tag, but from some research it likely has 57/08's.

If it is a 2013 model they are 57/08. Hang tag will say P22 pickups. if it is 2012 and earlier then they are probably 53/10 but the hang tag will stll say P22 pickups.

Thanks for the quick replies. I feel satisfied that they are indeed 57/08s. Yes the tag just says p22. It would be a lot less ambiguous if they stated the actual pickups, but its all good. Cheers guys

I don't get the mystery, either. Do they do something special to warrant the name change to P22? They should just call them what they are. I just got a P24 Trem limited and it also says P22 pickups on the tag. I'm assuming they are 57/08s but my dealer listed them as 53/10s:iamconfused:.

2-3minutes with a screwdriver will tell you definitively what they are. Just loosen the strings and unscrew the neck pup and carefully pull it out and look underneath.

2-3minutes with a screwdriver will tell you definitively what they are. Just loosen the strings and unscrew the neck pup and carefully pull it out and look underneath.

Yep! And hope you have the "going to be a bit rarer" 53/10s. I love them in my P22 (I also love the three guitars I have with 57/08s, too).

I don't get the mystery, either. Do they do something special to warrant the name change to P22? They should just call them what they are. I just got a P24 Trem limited and it also says P22 pickups on the tag. I'm assuming they are 57/08s but my dealer listed them as 53/10s:iamconfused:.

That's where it is a little confusing I guess, the P24 LTD's got the 53/10 ("real" P22) pickups. I'm surprised the hang tags in the newer P22's are still saying that they come with "P22" pickups as that's not accurate. Even the PRS site says they come with 57/08's stock now.

That's where it is a little confusing I guess, the P24 LTD's got the 53/10 ("real" P22) pickups. I'm surprised the hang tags in the newer P22's are still saying that they come with "P22" pickups as that's not accurate. Even the PRS site says they come with 57/08's stock now.

The 2012 P24 for sure, but I'm not sure about the 2013 P24s. The picture above is from a 2013 P24.

Back