What picks do you favor for playing with your PRS?

I just discovered Dunlop Flows a couple of weeks ago. Wow! What a great feeling pick. The grip is very nice. The size is perfect. They really do ”flow” over the strings and the precision is great. And they sound really good. Awesome.

I became obsessed with picks for a while. I've always enjoyed trying different sizes, shapes, materials, etc. I've been playing thicker picks for years (always at least 2.0mm or thicker). I REALLY became obsessed with boutique faux tortoise shell picks about 2 years ago. I wanted a real one, but...... Anyway, I bought and tried all I could find. Pearse, Hense, Django's, JB's, EML picks, etc. Well, I found out about Manouche picks (manouchepicks.com). He's out of Holland. He's a one man operation and is very responsive to emails, questions, and the like. The friendliest guy you could ever want to meet. They are incredible!!! I'm telling ya, I have four of them now, and they are by far the best sounding and feeling picks I've ever laid my hands on. He names them all as well. The four I have are 3.0mm. From L to R: Romino, Django (2 of them), and Eliza. They are so smooth. No drag at all across the strings. They just glide. Rounded/beveled edges. Made of Art Nouveau Tortoise and Shellrin Tortoise Bioplast/Cotton Fibre. They totally feel "played in". I doubt I'll find one any better than these for my style of playing anyway. And they aren't crazy expensive either. Somewhere around $20/$30 USD.
jtbyb7tGTn5kK0epVpbm_BdUaN9UjWZRJ--j3ZrXlnKsMDQDUxXLrC4QtGWQoDHIehDpVEmPK6Ac4Bhxn3M3J9wPU26kxmmHR3V1nWQSbdYmSyp_RuMQGQGasTIYXykEq-Siwecg3gCuuc1bk_vZZ2ACcKSVSjbXqidafntHH84Xf7SVmsCbS7rldAMr4_CpoFbHkYqAho3crAbccObbCm4qeeyf4ZbiB7xUrZY7ioECMdXm_pinN8UZf6N1IS3e6gf6ahD54HkIHaSk14Iot9H6luUiUJQ8pfeiwH8UM6QkQwYBvx240uKIVjIRSNCXVdSe8Xd_HDhi8MgZI2-ZXhL_UpY6lRy2L8EJW2hllF5B_xjm6Mgm2LE2SSUNQX8BnT5TytP_DBHgAmJE7b_ItE3M_mDC5qJITuNnxvmIkkrgFUAO17I438N5Qh9HHbjcnHZIDnNdMVaMYpAXjPAbIkFRZ0_l3i_Vsp95CdiNSTUAf5uEYNJkSVrO2_ZYFmhupQ9mZKHnfNd2LOHq3Xd-qds2RCgnuQnhHNEGUHViJjZvT_PmQN5yoKT7kRGmPE0JN8rf7Matt5FFuRQcQ4DxtVIzEuRcw16J6rFyvVBRy5hI8yNKkQiKL123JZ_ii99Xiz8frvJRxGNKQlxctgZIc0d7JKjX0LRFG3KCdit1H8pctgQYwTCgKfTbHo-NmH3AzGxTtAAC9WoRW-p0-Csj8fbTiA=w1293-h969-no

Graphtech TUSQ ST 1.00. I’ve got bags of various other picks (thousands of Claytons in various bags) but this is the only one for me for the past 6+ years.

My wife used to have a pick store on EBay years ago and bought directly from Clayton. And I don’t touch ‘em. Then again, neither does she.

Last edited:
Forget if I posted here already, but eh...so nice, lets do it twice.

Right now I'm just using the normal red jazz 3s. I find myself going back to them all the time. They work, they're fast, and they're cheap. I used to use super thick picks, but I hate that "plinky" sound they have. It drives me nuts, and I can't attack the string the way I like. Over the years I've developed a sort of variation of Eric Johnson's "bounce" technique, but to do it you gotta come into the string plane sort of vertically while holding the pick loose, and those big Ritz cracker picks feel like im picking with a rock. Can't do it.

Back