What percentage of your guitars are what color?

Math before 2pm?
Nope.
No way.
That being said...

1 white guitar
1 sienna guitar
1 walnut guitar
1 blonde guitar
1 sunburst guitar
1 wine red guitar
1 cherry red guitar
1 amber burst guitar
1 elephant grey guitar
1 naked mahogany guitar
1 faded blue smokeburst guitar
1 translucent violet burst I forget what they actually call it guitar

Math before 2pm?
Nope.
No way.
That being said...

1 white guitar
1 sienna guitar
1 walnut guitar
1 blonde guitar
1 sunburst guitar
1 wine red guitar
1 cherry red guitar
1 amber burst guitar
1 elephant grey guitar
1 naked mahogany guitar
1 faded blue smokeburst guitar
1 translucent violet burst I forget what they actually call it guitar

Very artistic

6x Fire Red Burst
1x Charcoal Cherry Burst
1x Wine Red Burst

100% 'burst' style and 'stain' as I also want to see the Natural beauty of the grain...

As I have said before, the Electric guitar has to be the most varied instrument anyone could buy. There is an aesthetic style/colour to suit any person's preference - if they have one as well as available in a such a wide range of styles, shapes, scale lengths, options (Pups, switches, knobs, bridges etc) and of course at a wide range of prices too so everyone should be able to find something that works for them.

As I buy 'new', unless an instrument is not available in my 'first' choice colour, I have the choice to buy the guitars that I find 'most' aesthetically pleasing and not settle for 2nd, 3rd or lower choice options. PRS, in my experience, are pretty consistent and all play, feel, sound etc great and I haven't found a PRS that sounds 'so much' better than others that I must purchase that particular one over the exact same one in a different colour. Therefore, I buy the one that 'also' appeals the most visually and have never regretted it - but then I wouldn't be comparing it to guitars that I don't like aesthetically as I am not going to feel so inclined to want to pick it up and play. That's why all my family of guitars are all the same colour/theme - its what I find most aesthetically pleasing and as I bought brand new, I had that choice. If I'm spending that kind of money on a guitar, why not get the ones that I like the most - including aesthetically!

Each to their own, Everyone has their own reasons for owning the guitars in the colour they have - and in some cases, it was not by 'choice', but by circumstance - only one available at that price/condition etc (new or used), was bought for them, was what was offered in a trade etc - point is, they may not have had the option to get their 'first' choice. I know that some people really don't care about the colour too...

I would definitely commit a crime for the Gibson Goddess in PURPLE! On a mission!’

3 of mine are black Cherry. I don’t even like that colour as it’s so dark and you can’t see the grain unless you take it into the light. But they had the right price/specs so I bought them.

Natural bursts: 2 tone burst on my tele, reclaimed vela, Boyd burst 408, shaded burst Taylor acoustic
Blue: Zach myers, refinished Silver Sky SE that’s midnight metallic

37.5% Natural (includes acoustic and electrics, maple, Koa, spruce, mahogany, ash and alder
18.75% Red
18.75% White
12.5% Blue
12.5% cherry sunburst

I am amused by how many of us, including myself, avoided doing the math.
I can't count that high and I don't have enough friends to borrow their fingers and toes. When I do, I get distracted and start playing them instead of counting colors. It's easier to find out the total amount of the interest paid to the penny on the 17th year, fourth month and 17th day on your thirty year mortgage. I just can't.

Not flamey or or high quilt. I am soo blown away at the world class wood selection PRS has to offer and appreciate the planning and configuring of these in an ,not only artist , but the best combinations for some of the best instruments period. I mean I really respect rare wood in certain situations…
As a Knifemaker, I use a lot of wood, but I have found for my PRS‘s I am a solid color guy!!!!!!!

8 with natural ( maple/ spruce) tops
1 cherry , 1 cherry flame sunburst, 1 flame cherry, 1 burgundy flame
1 quilted blue maple, 1 bluberry burst flame maple
1 Trans Black flame
4 Natural Koa
1 Natural Flame Sapele
1 Natural buckeye burl

Back