What New Models Would You Like To See Next?

West St. Guitar
Ltd Edition Core line double neck
12 string acoustic core line
PA for acoustic similar to Bose L1 series
Moon inlay option on core line or artist package.
594 tremelo

The long-rumoured "S2"-esque (read: affordable US-made) acoustics...

S2 Vela or Standard with Brent Mason signature pickups and switching. Swap out the middle single coil for a narrow 408.

How about a travel guitar? Could be SE, S2, or core.
Piezo pup
5815 or 408 splittable pup
Headphone output
1/4" standard output
Switch to combine pups
1/8"/3.5mm stereo input for mobile phone to play along with tracks
Korina or other lighter weight body and neck
No headstock, so tuners in body
Birds to identify as PRS
Removeable 9v rechargeable battery

I would like to see a HSS model make a comeback. Can even include a piezo to make it extra spicy!

I would like to see the return of the standard original McCarty with updated pickups and the three way in the same traditional spot of the old ones like mine. I do not like the new position of the three way on the upper bout, maybe just asthetic for me, but it seems out of place on that body style, even if it is traditional in a single cut. The pickups always seemed to be everyone's sticking point with McCarty's. Too dark. Change that, and return to moons and regular tops with the wrap around bridge and I would get another.

I would like to see the return of the standard original McCarty with updated pickups and the three way in the same traditional spot of the old ones like mine. I do not like the new position of the three way on the upper bout, maybe just asthetic for me, but it seems out of place on that body style, even if it is traditional in a single cut. The pickups always seemed to be everyone's sticking point with McCarty's. Too dark. Change that, and return to moons and regular tops with the wrap around bridge and I would get another.
Didn't they do this in 2015, the current available core McCarty?
It's a different guitar than the new 594 that you are describing.

I'd like a new Swamp Ash Special. I see it like this: first they will release the new CE22, which is just a 22 fret version of the new CE24.

They then swap the mahogany back for swamp ash, keeping the maple top. Pop a single 513 pup in between a pair of 58/15's with a push/pull tone to activate it and you have a winner without changing production too much and still meeting the great bolt-on price point.

I'd like a new Swamp Ash Special. I see it like this: first they will release the new CE22, which is just a 22 fret version of the new CE24.

They then swap the mahogany back for swamp ash, keeping the maple top. Pop a single 513 pup in between a pair of 58/15's with a push/pull tone to activate it and you have a winner without changing production too much and still meeting the great bolt-on price point.

That sounds about right.

An S2 version of the 408mt, with trem of course, and an S2 Vela, with trem, and 408 pickups, and switching system. On a side note, I asked for an estimate for a Brent Mason loaded pickguard for my Vela, and let's just say that the cost of the loaded pickguard, was very close to what I paid for the Vela! Needless to say, my vela is staying stock...for now...heh, heh! However, I did purchase a pickguard, and I am loading it with some 60's era G-brand pickups, and top shelf PRS electronics...I'll post pics when it's done. The quest continues!!!

Back