What music has Jesse bought lately?

jfb

Plank Owner
Figured I'd make a place where I talk about what music I've picked up lately.

NIN - Hesitation Marks
Came out today. Been rocking it for hours now. It's NIN all over, but seems cooler...calmer...yet somehow retains all of the grit and angst you'd expect from something Trent touched.

Norma Jean - Wrongdoers
Came out about a month ago, but I just recently scored it. It's heavy, it's accessible. It's well written and executed. It's just flat out rocking. I've been listening to it nonstop. It can be hard for heavier music to transcend the usual experience and this release made it happen. There are some chillingly heavy moments and some moments where you can sing along without it being weak. Decent amount of variety here for someone looking to make the jump from heavy to heavier.

Still listening to the latest Normal Jean. Just really, really into this record. Eyes on new stuff for next week though.

I just got Abba's "Super Trouper" Deluxe Edition for my birthday (and a couple comedy CDs), and the latest CD I bought myself was the new Leogun CD. Saw them open for Vintage Trouble - good power trio.

Nice.

I just saw The Acacia Strain last night in STL. Crazy show. I've been rocking their latest record in seriously heavy rotation since its release. The artwork was done by Justin at Angry Blue and I'm a pretty big fan of his as well.

I just picked up Warren Haynes' "Man In Motion" and Tedeschi Trucks Bands' "Made Up Mind". Both are very bluesy mixed with some funk and soul. "Made Up Mind" is a lot more mellow and soulful, still need to sit down and get a good listen all the way through it. "Man In Motion" has some really great guitar sounds and grooves... but, it is Warren after all!

Looking forward to the new Gov't Mule and Dream Theater releases on Sept. 24th.

Carcass - Surgical Steel
Came out last Tuesday. I have been listening to it ever since. Legends. Enough said. Closely resembles Heartwork. I even had Mike throw it on during the trip to heaven for the Signature Club event. Below is video proof. Mike, Gian, and I rocking Carcass - Surgical Steel!!! CARCASS!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else thinking of scoring SOJA's catalogue after the closing concert at Experience Saturday evening?

I watched in interview with Jacob that really spoke to me. I will likely pick up there stuff for that reason alone. Check them out if you haven't yet done so. I was actually in The Vault Saturday when a few of them were speccing Private Stocks. Was a good time to see their builds take shape.

More info found here, SOJA.

Really liking their artwork. Here are two examples.
Born_in_Babylon.jpg

SOJA-Strength-to-Survive.jpg

jesse you ever get into Steel Panther? Fun band if you are at all into 80's style hard rock bands, and killer live shows.

Love those guys. One of the best live shows I have seen. And I swear some of their songs are about me...you get the feeling too?

Jesse, You got any Rick Springfield .................... Yah-mon!

You know Chanda has a copy hidden away!

"I wish that I had Jesse's girl....." Heard that a couple times this past weekend.

As soon as I find a copy (probably Wednesday), I will be picking up the new Carcass.

Meanwhiles, I still have the Abba CD I got for my birthday but haven't listened to.

As soon as I find a copy (probably Wednesday), I will be picking up the new Carcass.

Meanwhiles, I still have the Abba CD I got for my birthday but haven't listened to.

I got mine on iTunes. If you listen to Carcass you are more awesome than the awesome you already are. That's pretty awesome.

I may go Amazon - instant download in addition to the CD (I think).

I may go Amazon - instant download in addition to the CD (I think).

Rock on! The wife and I were slamming to the new Carcass in the car today. It's wicked! If you dig it check out their record called Heartwork.

Back