What music has Jesse bought lately?

I got mine on iTunes. If you listen to Carcass you are more awesome than the awesome you already are. That's pretty awesome.

Ordered from Amazon - just waiting for it to arrive. Got the digipack version - why have 11 songs when you can have 12? :rock::rock::rock::rock:

Ordered from Amazon - just waiting for it to arrive. Got the digipack version - why have 11 songs when you can have 12? :rock::rock::rock::rock:

The version I bought on iTunes also has 12 songs!!! :rock::rock::rock:

Just scored myself a couple of iTunes gift cards. What should I spend my money on? Oh I know...back in a bit.

Digging the Carcass. PIcked up the Best Buy version of the new Alter Bridge for its bonus track, although I hate that practice. Have not had a chance to listen to it yet.

Love the diversity and variety on the Carcass - nice to have some metal that each verse and chorus isn't interchangeable.

Alter Bridge - Fortress. Just picked it up from Amazon. Killer album.

Digging the Carcass. PIcked up the Best Buy version of the new Alter Bridge for its bonus track, although I hate that practice. Have not had a chance to listen to it yet.

Love the diversity and variety on the Carcass - nice to have some metal that each verse and chorus isn't interchangeable.

CARCASS!!!

Volbeat- Outlaw Gentlemen and Shady Ladies

Buddy of mine really, really likes this band. I can't get into them.

Alter Bridge - Fortress. Just picked it up from Amazon. Killer album.

I need to listen to the streaming thing again if it's still up before I buy.

Satyricon - Satyricon
This came out in early September. I just now bought it. I have been listening to Satyricon since 94 so this was a must buy for me, but mentally I needed to be ready for this record. So I have been preparing and today was the day. Satyricon always delivers in my book.

A bit about the band.
A bit more from their home page. On a side note, I really dig this design.

An interview with Sigurd about the new record. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
The iTunes Gift Cards are burning a hole in my pocket so....BOOM!!!

David Grissom - Loud Music
I have the latest two solo records and am very excited about his release later this year in which he used his DG30 and DG50 amps only.

Martin Simpson - Vagrant Stanzas
Another one of our own. This was released about a month before Experience 2013, but I just now scored it. Soul crushingly heavy. Beautiful as only Martin Simpson can be.

A few videos of Mr. Simpson in case you missed them.

Some info about the new record.

I think this video says it all. Watch until the end.

I need to add some of Martin's stuff to my collection.

Got the new AB cranking as I type. Me likey. Even if I did have to go to Best Buy and lose a chunk of my soul because they had an exclusive bonus track.

I need to add some of Martin's stuff to my collection.

Got the new AB cranking as I type. Me likey. Even if I did have to go to Best Buy and lose a chunk of my soul because they had an exclusive bonus track.

You do what you must. I am rocking Simpson's newest right now. It breaks my metal heart. I need to borrow an acoustic and see if I think I can do it. And a thumb pick.

I don't any Simon McBride. Fixing that now. This dude shreds. Crazy good voice too.

You do what you must. I am rocking Simpson's newest right now. It breaks my metal heart. I need to borrow an acoustic and see if I think I can do it. And a thumb pick.

It took me years to be able to use a thumb pick. It never clicked for me until I hit something I was recording that NEEDED a thumb pick. Suddenly, for whatever reason, it worked. Fingerpicks? Forget it - I went acrylic nails.

One of the hardest things for me was finding a thumb pick I could use. I have what one friend called "Billy Barty hands". Most thumb picks were too tight, too long, the back part would catch the strings - just a mess. I finally found one that was perfect - and I couldn't remember where I got it. No brand name. So I started taking it to stores with me. Finally found a match last year - Picks By The Pound. So I bought half a dozen to make sure I don't run out.

Have you checked out Michael Hedges? He was unbelievable on acoustic. The first time I saw him, a guy at our table said, "This must be what it felt like to see Hendrix."

One of the things I loved about him was that he could take a cover song and make it totally his own. We once saw him do a cover of "Higher Ground", and my buddy has searched for years and never turned up a boot with it. He talked to the guy who did Hedges' web site shortly after Hedges died, and he didn't know Hedges had ever played the song. The tour that video is from was his last, and never before and never since have I seen an musician who was so one with his instrument as Hedges was on that tour (and I say that fully admitting that I have been blessed enough to have seen some AMAZING performances). He made it look no more unnatural than breathing.

Couldn't agree more...Hedges was an amazing talent, and as "natural" as you get!!

His Watchtower is hauntingly good. I very much remember buying Oracle in 1996 and listening to it in awe for weeks. Hedges was uniquely wild.

Back