What model should ’like’ these PRS pups?

I have them in a PRS Experience 2012 Custom 24 (flame maple neck and ebony board IIRC) and really like them in that guitar. It is killer for early Van Halen for some reason.

I snagged a pair a while back and put them in my '08-ish piezo SCHB, and that was a drastic improvement over the stock SC245 pickups. They're fairly bright and airy in that guitar, where the stock pickups were kind of hot and bassy for what I wanted. That's my Hemispheres guitar now.

So two very different applications for those pickups and I like 'em both. And who doesn't like pictures...?

prs13.png

prs10.png
Awesome! You really caught my attention when you said that’s my hemispheres Guitar! Hemispheres what a masterpiece! I don’t have those pups in any of my guitars but you’ve now peaked my interest. You may find this hard to believe but at one time I had a Starla core that was perfect for Hemispheres with my rig. Can get your hands on one of those older ones give it a whirl I think it will surprise you.

They are very sought after, so sell em for 400bucks, put it in jam jar with a silver sky label written on it

;)

Thanks but nope. I’m going to use them. They serve as a decoy prop right now as they sit in a guitar that’s in my living room. Every time I’m in the living room, I go ‘oh look, it’s a guitar and it’s sitting right there... I should practice’.

In order for me to get a SS, one of my strats has to go bye bye... and at least for right now, I just loves those strats too much.

I have them in the Koa Sister, solid slab Koa body with Braz RW neck. Wonderful with that, a Custom 22 so thinner body (Koa in a SC body would weigh a ton!)

Warm, woody tone and a touch on the bright side.

image.jpg

I also had them in my now departed Bahamma Mama MkII SCT. Obeche body (very light weight), maple neck with cocobolo board. Fabulous in that - incredibly stupid of me to trade it in on a SC594 SH which I never bonded with.

image.jpg

Always wanted to try 53/10s in a HB, just like Herr Squid for those classic Rush tones!

Did you get the PS from TGS in Canada? I got my PS CU24 XXX with the same woods combination from TGS (Brett)

Did you get the PS from TGS in Canada? I got my PS CU24 XXX with the same woods combination from TGS (Brett)
Both were Brett Moss designs.

The Koa Sister I bought used - was searching for pics of it and BOOM! There it was for sale. Didn’t last long :)

The SCT Bahama Mama was a NOS from their 5 piece run - each was a different model. I bought it on clearance after Brent retired from TGS. I later connected with him via email.

I had a third one from his special runs, this magnificent TOL with Makore back and Madagascar RW neck with 57/08s - bought it used from another dealer in the US. Loved that guitar, but due to a bad back it proved to be too heavy so I traded it in to my local dealer to build my PS P245T.

Wish I’d kept it!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Both were Brett Moss designs.

The Koa Sister I bought used - was searching for pics of it and BOOM! There it was for sale. Didn’t last long :)

The SCT Bahama Mama was a NOS from their 5 piece run - each was a different model. I bought it on clearance after Brent retired from TGS. I later connected with him via email.

I had a third one from his special runs, this magnificent TOL with Makore back and Madagascar RW neck with 57/08s - bought it used from another dealer in the US. Loved that guitar, but due to a bad back it proved to be too heavy so I traded it in to my local dealer to build my PS P245T.

Wish I’d kept it!

image.jpg

image.jpg
Brent Moss, not Brett! Dang autocorrect and Internal Service error!

who plays ‘hemispheres’ in a set? and the whole record or just the one long side?

Well not me, certainly. I haven't been in a band since before I bought that guitar .. er .. (gulp!) almost 12 years ago...

La Villa Strangiato was the second song I remember trying to learn on guitar, right after Hell's Bell's. Yeah, I do it wrong.

Over the decades I've learned more and more bits of that record in tiny little chunks (I'm ferociously indifferent about practicing). Hopefully I'll know it front to back before my hands don't work any more. Hmm. I might only have 25 or 30 years left to fit it in...

I had an SC58 with ebony fretboard with 53/10s, and the guitar sounded beautiful, with tremendous clarity and string to string definition..

I didn’t realize how fortunate I was, sold it and became depressed about letting it go. At the nadir of my unhappiness, I stumbled on my Hammer Of The Gods McCarty SC, but I still miss it.

NYEBoqt.jpg

Yes ... Brent!!!! Not Brett!
I have talked to the PRS PS team and they credit Brent for "starting" the trend for unique runs on guitars. Brent created the "Duoboard" where he had PRS mix woods on the fret board, for example. I remember when he sold the business and he went off to sell cars??? Anyway, I would like to see if he has anymore PS stashed away.

I might have to try a Bernie

Or at least determine what the differences are between the Bernie and the SE Custom that I have them in.

SE245?

Thanks but nope. I’m going to use them. They serve as a decoy prop right now as they sit in a guitar that’s in my living room. Every time I’m in the living room, I go ‘oh look, it’s a guitar and it’s sitting right there... I should practice’.

In order for me to get a SS, one of my strats has to go bye bye... and at least for right now, I just loves those strats too much.

“Always buy, never sell”

What is the matter with you people?!:p

Back