What makes you smile?

Mixstar

Just too tired . . .
Yesterday I went for a few beers with friends after work. One of them attacked the juke box and put a selection of tunes on including some from Creedence and, as soon as "Have You Ever Seen the Rain" came on, everybody in the bar (12 or so people) burst in to song, full bore!! It was fantastic!!

I went home and fired up the gear, not loud just enough to strum to myself and belted the song out for half an hour including screaming the lyrics at the top of my voice, I'm no singer by the way. I had a big smile from ear to ear, I could feel it. Just goes to show, simple song, simple lyrics but it sure made me smile.

Last edited:
Luckily the Bears only Attacked the Juke Box. I'd be singing at the top of my lungs when I got home too.. o_O

That is a great story. CCR is one of those bands that make me feel happy when I hear them. The fact that the place broke out in song along with the juke box is awesome.

Sounds like a great bar. I stuff like that happening sometimes just puts some faith and hope back into your world.

Music rules all.

Reminds of a time I was seeing a few very heavy metal bands. Between bands, they were playing music over the PAs, which is typical. At one point, Juke Box Hero by Foreigner comes on and the entire venue full of metalheads starts busting out singing this song. It was quite a memorable moment!

This could be the beginning of an awesome thread. "Which song do you love to jam on?" One of my favorites is the live version of The Kinks "I'm Not Like Everybody Else"

Every time I hear "Africa" by Toto, I have to smile. No idea why, I've never owned or listened to Toto records or anything...just a great collection of melodies I suppose.

I used to love playing CCR.
While the time has probably long since passed I also always liked Hank Williams (the original one) - Your Cheating Heart guaranteed a free beer from someone and it was an easy song to have fun with
That's The Way(I Like It) was great fun, partly because I got to sing lead on all the disco stuff (where's Sergio when you need some love) - too hard on the real singer's voice when he had to follow up with some slow sentimental stuff
Elvis - he has such a good catalog of simple songs old farts like

these were all the same bar band in the 70s. We played small towns so has to satisfy everyone because there was no where else for them to go for the 3-5 nights we played and nobody else was coming for 4-8 weeks

Back