What locking tuners for a PRS S2 McCarty 594 SC

Just confirming what everyone here seems to know already: John Mann's Vintage style locking tuners are a straight drop-in and perfect fit for the 2021 McCarty 594 S2. Just took the leap. Very happy! Thanks for the great help on this board!

I prefer the look of the locking tuner from the front. Crazy I know just looks more "PRS". I changed the ones on my 35th SE CU24, looks much better (but then I also changed the knobs and pickup surrounds).

Oddly the tuners mentioned above from John Mann, I googled the PRS number and they show up on the European site, but not the USA ??

https://eu.prsaccessories.com/products/vintage-style-tuning-machines

I got these for my 35th SE Cu24

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SELockTunSet--prs-se-locking-tuners-set-of-six

I have a 2020 PRS S2 McCarty 594 Singlecut. I want to buy a set of PRS locking tuners but can't figure out the right ones. Looking at the pictures, the ones marked S2 do not seem the right shape for the holes in my headstock. The ones marked Phase III look the closest, but the description seems to imply they won't fit. Has anyone made this upgrade, and which ones fit without drilling new holes?

The SE Locking Tuners should fit. I put them on my SE Custom 24. Direct replacement. They both look and work great!

Just confirming what everyone here seems to know already: John Mann's Vintage style locking tuners are a straight drop-in and perfect fit for the 2021 McCarty 594 S2. Just took the leap. Very happy! Thanks for the great help on this board!
Did you end up replacing the grommets as well when you put the locking tuners on, or did you use the original ones in the headstock?

Did you end up replacing the grommets as well when you put the locking tuners on, or did you use the original ones in the headstock?
Probably heresy to say here but I didn't do the work myself; still, the original grommets were removed and replaced with the new ones from John Mann.

Back