what kind of pups are you guys runnin in your PRS 245 SE??

loversmoon

I have a Prs 245 se and Im just curious as to what you guys are running in em. Mine is currently stock but at some point I may upgrade it. I find it to be a little dark sounding. I usually contour this out on my amp but as compaired to my other guitars it seems to have alot more bass to it.

Apologies if this is something you've already checked but, have you had a look at the pup height? If not, try raising them a little higher to see if that helps.

You could also experiment with capacitor values and the pots to see if you can brighten it up.

I put Bare Knuckle Mules in my SE Bernie (Eventually replacing the bridge Mule for a Suhr Doug Aldrich). I think if anything the neck Mule is a touch darker than the SE 245 pup before it. Both nice pups though.

What's your other guitars / amp?

other guitars is a parts caster with duncans and an esp with duncans. amp is a solid state randall rg 75. I am considering replacing the pups in my se but I am unsure if i need regular or F spaced.

The SE's spacing is 50mm for the neck and 52mm for the bridge. I think either regular or F-spaced would be fine. I have both regular in the neck and bridge of my Bernie and it looks fine.

7316845778_892323df47_h.jpg

Back