What kind of person are you?

gush

Where is that speedo pic
I have a FB buddy that I've never met face to face as he lives in a different country. We met on a prs guitars thread a couple years ago and have kept in contact ever since.

He has been very successful in his endeavors and owns several properties, several badass cars and a thriving business.

He made the comment that some of his friends sort of take advantage of his situation and we talked about that.

I am the type of person that will celebrate the success of others.

I actually enjoy seeing others win in this rat race we live in. Life is hard enough without having people around you erode your drive and ambitions.

How about you??

Support team or not?

I’m in a similar place as you, I have buddies from here that I’ve never met in person.

They all good peeps apart from one dude that wants to “kill the poor and eat the rich”.

I feel very lucky to have met good people here.

The kindness that’s been extended is out of this world

Nope, you’ve got grit in your eye.

I have a FB buddy that I've never met face to face as he lives in a different country. We met on a prs guitars thread a couple years ago and have kept in contact ever since.

He has been very successful in his endeavors and owns several properties, several badass cars and a thriving business.

He made the comment that some of his friends sort of take advantage of his situation and we talked about that.

I am the type of person that will celebrate the success of others.

I actually enjoy seeing others win in this rat race we live in. Life is hard enough without having people around you erode your drive and ambitions.

How about you??

Support team or not?
Absolutely.
But we need to remember one thing. We need to support others whether successful or not. Here’s why I bring this up. My father ran his own business in a medium sized suburban city. He was well known there and many prominent people called themselves “friend”. Then my father fell on hard times. All of his “friends” deserted him. Like the song says, “Ain’t it strange. How nobody knows you when you’re down and out.”

Support not enable, I love my friends and have no issue calling them out on something. Success is measured on one's ability to meet one's goals. I'm often enamored (one step below jealous btw) by people I feel are successful because of there place in life and think man that must be nice. That said many if not all of them are not stopping there because they've apparently have not met there goals. I do know every time I start to get settled I raise the bar as others do. I consider myself successful as I've met the goals I have set for myself. The toughest challenge is the human interactions and not because of them but because of me and my expectations. Expectations will disappoint every time lol. That's on me!

Support not enable, I love my friends and have no issue calling them out on something. Success is measured on one's ability to meet one's goals. I'm often enamored (one step below jealous btw) by people I feel are successful because of there place in life and think man that must be nice. That said many if not all of them are not stopping there because they've apparently have not met there goals. I do know every time I start to get settled I raise the bar as others do. I consider myself successful as I've met the goals I have set for myself. The toughest challenge is the human interactions and not because of them but because of me and my expectations. Expectations will disappoint every time lol. That's on me!
Warning: possible unwise philosophical statement ahead…
Once, early on in our married life (47 years and counting) my wife asked me if I felt successful. I told her that I decided a long time before that, that I’d based my success on having a home and a family. Both of which I’d had for a while at that point. The rest is just blessing upon blessing. So yes, I am successful. I always strive to be a better person today than I was yesterday, and to leave everything I touch better than it was before.

Absolutely.
But we need to remember one thing. We need to support others whether successful or not. Here’s why I bring this up. My father ran his own business in a medium sized suburban city. He was well known there and many prominent people called themselves “friend”. Then my father fell on hard times. All of his “friends” deserted him. Like the song says, “Ain’t it strange. How nobody knows you when you’re down and out.”
Oh yes unfortunately it happens.. This is where you realize a lot of things,

When it's easy, and everything is going well, friends are made! then come the hard times because there will always be times when that will happen, that's when people's real faces show up, and real friends too.
Housekeeping is a must!

I’m happy to see anyone succeed.

My best friends are generally subdued about their success. They don’t wave it around like a flag. One of them has never bought a new car.

I do know people who can’t shut up about their self declared success. I tend to not spend too much time with them.

I also know people who spend well above their means to nurture the appearance of success.

I guess that adds up to stuff not being the best indicator of success.

I don't really think about what someone has. I think about who someone is.

Sometimes it dawns on my that somebody might have a lot more than I do, which baffles me because I can't imagine how they can juggle so many more things than I do. I juggle the number of things that are right for me.

Back