What kind of adjustable stoptail bridge is on Tim Mahoney's (311) Old Blue?

broadcasterguy

Dear Forum,
What kind of adjustable stoptail bridge is on Tim Mahoney's (of 311) Old Blue guitar?
The saddles look thinner in this photo compared to the bridges I see for sale on ebay and other places on the web.
Thanks for your help.

This is a large photo. Hopefully it will let you zoom in.

311ThomasPersichilli-11.jpg

This one has really thick saddles. Doesn't seem to look the same:
s-l500.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Here is one made by Mannmade. Do you think this is what he has on there in the photo or another one?

I'm not sure what he's got on there, but I can vouch for the MannMade!

Last edited:
Or wait a minute. Is that Tim's Old Blue original one from 1999 or the private stock one that PRS made for him a few years ago? I need to look at old photos and videos.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was tone pros. A lot of the pros guitars seem to be tone pros, because their guitar techs change them out to it, simply because of familiarity. That obviously does NOT mean there aren't much better options, as have been mentioned to you. (Because there ARE. Either the PRS or MannMade.)

Kevin

Could be a Tone Pros

Looks like the PRS bridge to me. TonePros don't have the lil' channels for strings on the back like that one appears to have.

Also, why would his tech put a bridge with the wrong radius on a Private Stock? Seems to me like Tim might know somebody at PRS that could help him out.

But.. I could be wrong.

Looks like the PRS bridge to me. TonePros don't have the lil' channels for strings on the back like that one appears to have.

Also, why would his tech put a bridge with the wrong radius on a Private Stock? Seems to me like Tim might know somebody at PRS that could help him out.

But.. I could be wrong.
Yeah, you're probably right.

Just as an example, I've seen that Myles Kennedy's tech puts tone pros on his non-adjustable PRSi. (Mentioned in a video. Somewhere. At some point.....!)

Kevin

It is not the MannMade. I think it's the original version of the PRS adjustable. The saddles were not as blocky as on the newer versions.

Here is the original bridge from my '02 HBII:

qtzhc9atkaf7anom9zqj.jpg

Yeah, you're probably right.

Just as an example, I've seen that Myles Kennedy's tech puts tone pros on his non-adjustable PRSi. (Mentioned in a video. Somewhere. At some point.....!)

Kevin
I don't think he uses them anymore. I've seen the video you're referring to. It was an older rig rundown. When I saw Alter Bridge last year, he had a PRS adjustable stoptail on his McCarty.

Back