7VqRDpY.jpg

3e4nj6u.jpg

my Strandberg gets most of my playtime.
DHpWdid.jpg

5jtrIwC.jpg

BhlQxTv.jpg

RemfuuI.jpg

(Obligatory foot pic... :p )

That's definitely something different! Glad you like it!
Once I put my big mits on this guitar and sat with it for a minute, which turned into almost an hour, it was an epiphany. An ease of play and and tonal options through the roof. Jak3af3r , I can’t wait till Sunday!!

First of all, I LOVE PRS guitars, and the people who make them. I have some very special ones, and great memories to go along with them. Play at least one everyday.

However, if my house catches on fire, I’m grabbing this first (Thank God I have two hands plus a wife):

2011 “Killer Quilt” ‘59 (R9) standard reissue. (1 of my 2); They made 10.

I've been thinking about this post for a few days now. Fires happen so I want to make sure if it does happen to you that you don't have any issues. I'm willing to store some of your PRS here at my place. I will send over a list. :-D

That is a funny thing. I can relate to. Back in the mid 80's we would heat our basement with a wood burning stove. On one such occasion a shimmy fire started we called the fire dept. and got out of the house since you never know how a chimney fire can go. The first thing I grabbed was my PRS it was the first one I had ever seen and the first one I ever bought.(and the most expensive guitar I owned at the time) It was in whale blue it came from a guitar shop n Minneapolis at the time with a French name that I will not even try to spell. I believe it was on Henipin not 100% on that.
Anyway that was the guitar I grabbed. So I guess I have to say if there was I fire I would grab as many as my PRS Guitars as I could. LOL
They put the fire out and nothing was damage thank God. But it could have gone the other way many people lose the homes due to chimney fires.

I've been thinking about this post for a few days now. Fires happen so I want to make sure if it does happen to you that you don't have any issues. I'm willing to store some of your PRS here at my place. I will send over a list. :-D

My homemade Nashville Tele. It started out as an FSR Ash body Tele with a big fat V-neck, with a 5-way switch the all alnico SA EMG Tele set and a Strat SA middle pickups transformed it into an extremely versatile guitar. The normal tell tone pot is the EMG mid-boost and the Dual Concentric third pot is the master Treb/Bass pot. It's very vintage voiced and just a sweetheart of a guitar to play.
2SRouSx.jpg

I feel like this is a p.c. answer but…my favorite is my Ltd edition custom 22 special semi hollow, and my maple neck Brent Mason, (It’s a tie) My second favorite is a 1964 Olympic white Strat rosewood neck, and my 1968 black (refin) tele, with a slab maple neck. (Also a tie) Since the vintage Fenders are “unobtanium, I don’t feel like I’m cheating on my first love…my PRS-es! That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it…lol! I have a few others, but mostly the are case-bound, or trade/sale stuff..all name brands, but not life partners, except for maybe, a short scale Gibby custom shop acoustic..

I love PRS but most days one of these edges them out of the #1 spot. A lot of that has to do with my preference for single coils or P90s.

1Wx35oRh.jpg

A PRS does have the #1 position for humbucker equipped guitars though. This rather plain 594 is just a beast.

6qK4sFUh.jpg

I'm all-PRS, but I also have a ton of respect for Tom Anderson guitars, Collings, Suhr, and my '65 SG Special.

OK, maybe a good vintage 335 if you can find the right one, a quest I gave up on.

The thing I love about PRS Guitars is...everything they do for a balanced tone. But most especially, the bridge pickups don't have that thin, edgy, thing most guitars like LPs and Fenders have that only works for overdriven sounds (for me).

I'm truly spoiled by the PRS sound. I think it's the best in the world today.

Back