What is your next PRS and why?

I imagine my next PRS will be another pre-owned model that I can refurbish and customize. Ideally I'd like to find a cheap CU24 that I could have refinished at the tech center or at an independent shop with a variant of the Holcomb 'brisket' burst (the limited core edition, not the SE style) and then trick it out with gold hardware. I'm always on the lookout for amazing deals on limited editions, would love to find a purple 10th anniversary at a flea market. That said, if a core 7 string hits the lineup I'm jumping on that.
FYI NoisyDante, I just today received an email from PRS saying they can not take any new work right now for guitar updates, so keep that in mind when it comes to asking the tech center. At least for now!

FYI NoisyDante, I just today received an email from PRS saying they can not take any new work right now for guitar updates, so keep that in mind when it comes to asking the tech center. At least for now!

Thank you, good to know. Covid I imagine. Maybe they’ll be accepting new projects by the time I find one to send them.

Nuthin, bought em all already. :(

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...electric-guitar-bonnie-pink-with-natural-back

CTIC43959-body-large.jpg

Right now I'm lusting after a DGT. From what I've heard and read this model is made for me!

Vela is always on my radar, just got to STUMBLE upon the right deal.

Studio would be ok but I don't care for the 5708 bridge however I have a covered 5310 bridge to drop in it.

I would love to find an older CE24 gold top. Don't know if they exist, but I really want an older CE, and have always liked gold tops. And if I don't find that, it will probably be a Golden Mesa Silver Sky - my wife wants to buy me a "nice guitar" (I guess that qualifies, right? ;)) for our 25th anniversary this year.

Probably a CE24. I’m a fan of bolt-on necks.

Deciding on the colour is going to be dreadful though. I’m kinda hoping they’ll introduce some new ones in the summer.

I have a SE Custom Semi-Hollow body w/stop tail bridge on the way. I'm also about to pull the trigger on a SE Hollowbody II Piezo. The plan is to keep the one I like best and sell the other.

Kinda sucks to have to do it this way, but there are no brick and mortar stores around here that have any decent selection of PRS guitars in stock.

Update... the SE Custom Semi-Hollow was nice, but the SE Hollowbody II PIezo blew my socks off. Already sold the Semi-Hollow.

SE Hollowbody II (or maybe the standard) or S2 McCarty 594. I have an S2 Singlecut Standard (along with a tele and a Gretsch). Pretty sure one of those PRSs will be next.

Ideally...a CU22 w/trem, natural color 10 top or artist, 3-way toggle, WF mahogany neck, rosewood board, and dragon II pickups. I will pull the trigger immediately upon finding one with these specs

CU22s work for me. Light, comfortable, sound great.

Back