What is your next PRS and why?

I'm just about done buying PRS guitars. The spectrum of tonal possibilities is well covered by my current line-up. It certainly exceeds my capabilities as a player. It's rare that a guitar that piques my interest anymore. Still, I know there are at least 3 more coming at some point.

1) I would still like to have something in a bright, happy, hue of purple. Silly but true.
2) I'm missing a few historically important models (like a BRW Singlecut).
3) I'd like to have one of the 80 (or so) pre-factory guitars in my collection. I came close a few weeks ago but someone beat me to it.

What about the Doubleneck?

Green. I made 10 years at my company, we do textile recycling,

I subtly let them know some thing that combines my two passions would be a wonderful gesture and would be an appreciated token of service. Green and guitar!

I was asked Friday if I was a Fender or Charvel man, and I said I'd lean to Fender but I'm really into PRS these days. Later I was asked if I prefer tremolo, and of course said no (I really do not)

So I didn't say SE, only green and stop tail. I'm interested on what transpires.

Essentially I may be getting a 10 year anniversary guitar, and I don't even work at PRS!

'nuff said.

Last edited:
Green. I made 10 years at my company, we do textile recycling,

I subtly let them know some thing that combines my two passions would be a wonderful gesture would be an appreciated token of service. Green and guitar!

I was asked Friday if I was a Fender or Charvel man, and I said I'd lean to Fender but I'm really into PRS these days. Later I was asked if I prefer tremolo, and of course said no (I really do not)

So I didn't say SE, only green and stop tail. I'm interested on what transpires.

Essentially I may be getting a 10 year anniversary guitar, and I don't even work at PRS!

'nuff said.

That's the coolest 10 year I've ever heard! After I handle adulting responsibilities I work for guitars, might as well cut out the middle man and ask.. are they hiring?

Can't wait to see your NGD, fingers crossed

Yeah... well... at least I can articulate what will probably be my last three. :)

No way in hell am I paying current prices for a D-neck Dragon. Unless I win the lottery, that ship sailed.

Never say never, Hans. If you’re willing to stalk the used market like a zen spider, you’d be amazed at what you can get your hands on for silly dollars. :D

Hmmm....

I'm thinking I'll go with another CE24SH. I've already had 2 and they are amazing. Only got rid of the last one to buy the MEV. I miss it.

I'd like to try a Vela SH, too. But, I might just go with a regular Vela. They RIP!

Of course, another DC594 would be sweet....

So, i guess I'm not sure!!

I forgot to mention the why...

I try to buy my guitars based on sound differences. Aside from the 594 (my 245 does my LP sounds fine) the guitars mentioned are different from what I have, tonally.

I spent a long time today on my Core CU24. This is the finest damn guitar I've ever played! Every time it gets me.. WOW My knee jerk says I need MORE, but then I say can it get any better than this? Absolutely amazing guitars, thank you Paul!

My next one is a CU24 Private Stock. Why ? Well I ordered it a year ago and it's finally completed (wish I had seen the top and neck beforehand, but that's another story).

I can’t hang with you big spenders. My next will be a SE, just like the five others I have, either a Hollowbody II Piezo, which I am really jonesing for, or a Holcomb. Depends on prices, availability, and my mood, when I’m ready to pull the trigger. But I want a Soapbar II, too.

EDIT: Sorry forgot to answer the “why?”. If I have to explain...no...no, really...I love the sounds they can make, each with their own voice. And I want access to those voices.

Last edited:
Maybe this, and I do not really want a 509. It is just so gnarly! Somebody please buy it so I do not have to. My peeps at C&M are making life hard for me.! I must have looked at it 20 times already and held it for a little while even. I really want a wood library SC 594 soap bar.
uw4mrew11cl92pizcmk8.jpg
What store did you see this??

Back