What is your next PRS and why?

Tosca

Zombie 10, DFZ
I'm just about done buying PRS guitars. The spectrum of tonal possibilities is well covered by my current line-up. It certainly exceeds my capabilities as a player. It's rare that a guitar that piques my interest anymore. Still, I know there are at least 3 more coming at some point.

1) I would still like to have something in a bright, happy, hue of purple. Silly but true.
2) I'm missing a few historically important models (like a BRW Singlecut).
3) I'd like to have one of the 80 (or so) pre-factory guitars in my collection. I came close a few weeks ago but someone beat me to it.

What about the Doubleneck?

aphantomvaper

Cogent Member
Green. I made 10 years at my company, we do textile recycling,

I subtly let them know some thing that combines my two passions would be a wonderful gesture and would be an appreciated token of service. Green and guitar!

I was asked Friday if I was a Fender or Charvel man, and I said I'd lean to Fender but I'm really into PRS these days. Later I was asked if I prefer tremolo, and of course said no (I really do not)

So I didn't say SE, only green and stop tail. I'm interested on what transpires.

Essentially I may be getting a 10 year anniversary guitar, and I don't even work at PRS!

'nuff said.

Last edited:

SinSir

Mad Scientist
Green. I made 10 years at my company, we do textile recycling,

I subtly let them know some thing that combines my two passions would be a wonderful gesture would be an appreciated token of service. Green and guitar!

I was asked Friday if I was a Fender or Charvel man, and I said I'd lean to Fender but I'm really into PRS these days. Later I was asked if I prefer tremolo, and of course said no (I really do not)

So I didn't say SE, only green and stop tail. I'm interested on what transpires.

Essentially I may be getting a 10 year anniversary guitar, and I don't even work at PRS!

'nuff said.

That's the coolest 10 year I've ever heard! After I handle adulting responsibilities I work for guitars, might as well cut out the middle man and ask.. are they hiring?

Can't wait to see your NGD, fingers crossed

Serious Poo

Shoegazing Member
Yeah... well... at least I can articulate what will probably be my last three. :)

No way in hell am I paying current prices for a D-neck Dragon. Unless I win the lottery, that ship sailed.

Never say never, Hans. If you’re willing to stalk the used market like a zen spider, you’d be amazed at what you can get your hands on for silly dollars. :D

markd21

Hmmm....

I'm thinking I'll go with another CE24SH. I've already had 2 and they are amazing. Only got rid of the last one to buy the MEV. I miss it.

I'd like to try a Vela SH, too. But, I might just go with a regular Vela. They RIP!

Of course, another DC594 would be sweet....

So, i guess I'm not sure!!

I forgot to mention the why...

I try to buy my guitars based on sound differences. Aside from the 594 (my 245 does my LP sounds fine) the guitars mentioned are different from what I have, tonally.

SinSir

Mad Scientist
I spent a long time today on my Core CU24. This is the finest damn guitar I've ever played! Every time it gets me.. WOW My knee jerk says I need MORE, but then I say can it get any better than this? Absolutely amazing guitars, thank you Paul!

EdSevered

I can’t hang with you big spenders. My next will be a SE, just like the five others I have, either a Hollowbody II Piezo, which I am really jonesing for, or a Holcomb. Depends on prices, availability, and my mood, when I’m ready to pull the trigger. But I want a Soapbar II, too.

EDIT: Sorry forgot to answer the “why?”. If I have to explain...no...no, really...I love the sounds they can make, each with their own voice. And I want access to those voices.

Last edited:

Sybo

Jim
Maybe this, and I do not really want a 509. It is just so gnarly! Somebody please buy it so I do not have to. My peeps at C&M are making life hard for me.! I must have looked at it 20 times already and held it for a little while even. I really want a wood library SC 594 soap bar.
uw4mrew11cl92pizcmk8.jpg
What store did you see this??