What is your next PRS and why?

My next PRS will either be an SE245, cause I offload my SE CU24 on account of wanting the fatter neck.

Or an S2 594, if I spend the next 10 years trying to save the money.

One of the issues is, this forum forces people to host the pix they want to show. What that means is, you never upload the pictures to this site, you simply tell them where the picture lives and they link to it. If they did host the pix, this would not be a problem.

this isn’t instagram and i don’t know why noobs can’t tell the difference.

this isn’t instagram and i don’t know why noobs can’t tell the difference.
Hey jxe, thanks for the reply. I can tell the difference. I have been a programmer for over 25 years and literally have built forums from scratch 15-20 years ago. Point is, it could be a lot easier if they hosted the images (pictures of their products after all) and besides that, if I put up a link that is a direct path to a .jpg, it should not matter where it is coming from, it should just show (last time I checked, you could not embed any viruses or malware in a jpg file so where's the danger?). Anyway, I am going to post an instructional thread here on some things to watch out for when posting pictures on THIS forum (many other forums, including ones I have built, do NOT have this problem) for us noobs who just don't get it!

Cheers~
W

Hey jxe, thanks for the reply. I can tell the difference. I have been a programmer for over 25 years and literally have built forums from scratch 15-20 years ago. Point is, it could be a lot easier if they hosted the images (pictures of their products after all) and besides that, if I put up a link that is a direct path to a .jpg, it should not matter where it is coming from, it should just show (last time I checked, you could not embed any viruses or malware in a jpg file so where's the danger?). Anyway, I am going to post an instructional thread here on some things to watch out for when posting pictures on THIS forum (many other forums, including ones I have built, do NOT have this problem) for us noobs who just don't get it!

Cheers~
W

right on, so you are no doubt aware of risks related to hosting uploads from unknown users and why doing so is avoided unless it is the backbone of the business (instagram, flickr, facebook, imgur, tumblr, craigslist) which for prs it is not.

right on, so you are no doubt aware of risks related to hosting uploads from unknown users and why doing so is avoided unless it is the backbone of the business (instagram, flickr, facebook, imgur, tumblr, craigslist) which for prs it is not.
No I am not aware, please provide full details! And I must say, pix sells guitars for PRS (not sure if sales is backbone or not)! Just joking around. Don't want to start a fight. Just saying, this could be a lot easier and I will be helping out the other stupid noobs to get their pictures up here. They could (or I could) program in a warning to let you know when a pic is not going to show properly on their forum or reject it when it is not in proper format/source, etc.

Cheers~
W

here’s a start:

https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/17095/security-risks-of-hosting-user-supplied-images

25 years so you remember megaupload, and this isn’t that so it’s annoying when people (usually programmers) show up complaining about how difficult it is.
All good. I do remember megaupload and never used it. I will never complain again! Thanks pointing out how little I know! I will from here on in acquiesce to whatever the best practices are in all situations and never question or suggest a way that might be better for many! Lesson learned!

Cheers~
W

All good. I do remember megaupload and never used it. I will never complain again! Thanks pointing out how little I know! I will from here on in acquiesce to whatever the best practices are in all situations and never question or suggest a way that might be better for many! Lesson learned!

Cheers~
W

that is exactly what i meant; always extrapolate the specific to the general and you will never seem like a crazy old noob.

Hi sorry am catching up. Thanks all for your suggestions. Oh dear I hope my difficulties in uploading pics isn't turning this thread into a debate about the best way to do this, rather than about dreams about fantastic guitar's :). However from what I can gather I need to upload my pics to another site then download them here? Ok I'll give it a go and see what happens!!!

Seriously, thanks for your help with this. I'm not the best at IT and don't do much social media; and while I'm still working at home (for almost a year now), I have very knowledgeable colleagues and an excellent IT support team to help with this sort of thing!

In an effort to get this thread back on track, I GUESS, if I have to, I’ll post my next PRSi. A SE HB II Piezo in Peacock Blue. Why? Cuz I really, really, really want one, and my wife is just a doll. And, of course, the sound. It’s supposed to be delivered on Monday. W00t w00t!!

In an effort to get this thread back on track, I GUESS, if I have to, I’ll post my next PRSi. A SE HB II Piezo in Peacock Blue. Why? Cuz I really, really, really want one, and my wife is just a doll. And, of course, the sound. It’s supposed to be delivered on Monday. W00t w00t!!

I do believe Sir, you have set this ship right! Well done Mate! A jolly good showing!

I hope I don't get banned for phrasing that as such, I did have an Englishman's voice in my head as I thought of it and that might be offensive to somebody somewhere at sometime. Please forgive me if this has made anybody anywhere at any time uncomfortable in any way.

Oh, and congrats on the score! Smashing!!

I do believe Sir, you have set this ship right! Well done Mate! A jolly good showing!

I hope I don't get banned for phrasing that as such, I did have an Englishman's voice in my head as I thought of it and that might be offensive to somebody somewhere at sometime. Please forgive me if this has made anybody anywhere at any time uncomfortable in any way.

Oh, and congrats on the score! Smashing!!

I could hear both the English gentleman and pirate in your phrasing. It was a very good accent, nice job. Cheers, mate!

If all goes well, picking up a NOS DC-3 next Monday. Vintage Burst, ring dots, just a classic look. The neck shape and feel is just out of this world. The playability is just so superior to any Strat-like guitar I've ever played.

Probably going to end up with a CE24 or a SS depending on what I can get my hands on to try in person

Just curious how you decide which next PRS to buy. I am going to order probably in the summer but I'm not yet sure what to buy. (maybe 509, maybe SH22...or maybe DGT)

My current lineup is:

McCarty 594
Gibson LP R7
Gibson LP Jr R8
Fender CS6 3 Telecaster
I've got a 64 CS Strat on the way

Do you buy based on the sound you need or just.......whatever?

I just impulse bought an S2 Custom 22 Semi-Hollow earlier this month while browsing inventory on Sweetwater. Before this I have had literally zero experience with the S2 series guitars. As for my general selection criteria, I tend to want something that will give me different tones from other guitars in the lineup. My current guitar lineup is:

1997 CE-22 Maple Top with Dragon I pickups
2008 Custom 22 10 Top with Dragon II pickups
2019 Custom 24 35th Anniversary with TCI 85/15 pickups
2021 S2 Custom 22 Semi-hollow with Bare Knuckle Abraxas pickups
2005 Ibanez RG2570 with Dimarzio pickups
2009 Gibson Explorer with the standard Gibson 500t and 496R pickups
2008 ESP LTD EC 407 with EMG 81-7 and 707 pickups
2011 Taylor 814CE

With that lineup, I can cover all the territory that I need to cover for weekend gigs (when they were a thing circa pre-2020)

I don’t need any more guitars and haven’t bought one in well over 2 years. BUT ... if I got another PRS, I think I’d opt for something very different from what I have.

It would prob be a black Custom 24 Floyd Rose. :eek:

Back