What is your go to Rig?

Here is what I am running right now :rock:
P1020529.jpg

P1020528.jpg

My "rig" pales in comparison.....

My go to is my SE One and a Line 6 PODHD500 through a Line 6 DT-25.

Mine isn't going to grace the cover of any guitar mags either! I do know quite a few touring guitarists who are rockin' really small rigs with easily replaceable items such as ours. There are a lot of benefits to not being tied down with expensive and bulky gear. Seeing the simplicity of a few of my friends who work ALL THE TIME for a bunch of different national acts really opened my mind to what you really need, and what you don't.

Making noise: PRS/LP>Teese Wah>Pederson Tuner>Barber Dual OD>Radial Hot British OD>DL-4>Fuchs Modded Music Man Combo (clean) + Marshall 1974x (dirty).

At home: PRS/LP>Fractal AxeFx Ultra>Adam A7 powered monitors

Record: Apogee Duet 2 (which I much prefer to my Saffire Liquid Pro 56)>GB or LE, Scuffham S-Gear Amp Sims)>monitors.

Sennheiser Pro 380 headphones

Last edited:
I got a G-System yesterday, spent a big of time last night getting it working with the Mark V. Now I can control the Mark V channels with the G-System, as well as use the EQ/Solo/Boost functions with the G-System. Used a RJM mini amp gizmo, works a treat! I like the "simplicity" of having a multi-fx unit which also controls the amp.

PRS->G-System->4CM->Mini Amp Gizmo->Mark V

sergio you don't think I normally haul that Rivera Head and that cab around do you? I'm pretty sure that cab alone weighs over 100lbs! It's mostly my smaller combo's that get the call.

I don't know? You might. I know I did for a long time, finally learned my lesson a couple of years ago. If I ever scan my old pictures of my rack rig that I toted around for so long you will understand why this was a big revelation for me. I do think the genre of a band may dictate our feelings of what we are supposed to show up with though, and sometimes it's a visual aspect to see a half stack or a wall of them.

It's weird. I still love amps, pedals, racks, the tones, and all those things that light up, but I feel like it is a thing of the past for me. I've spent too many years hauling and guarding stuff, I try to keep it to something that I can manage. I can put boss a multi efx unit and a little Fender amp in the van/car/trailer and only concentrate on where my guitars are, and that makes me more accessible to fans and to the great experiences I couldn't have if I was worried about my boutique "blah, blah, boblawblog" amp and pedals.

Now I can go out for drinks, or spend the night somewhere, or not back up the van against every wall as much.

“The Master said, “A true gentleman is one who has set his heart upon the Way. A fellow who is ashamed merely of solid state amps or modeler's is not even worth conversing with.”
(Analects 4.9)”
― Confucius

Current rig is a Mesa Triaxis, 2:90 and G Major 2 for effects.

Think I might have to checkout one of the PRS amps.

2013-02-12_18-27-19_713_zps723939e2.jpg

The pedals on top:
T.C. Electronics Hall of Fame Reverb
T.C. Electronics Flashback Delay
T.C Electronics Corona Chorus
Lovepedal Kanji (One of the best overdrives I have ever owned!)
:hello:

Back