What is your favorite amp?

Yep, they have a store in Dundee too.
Cool. I actually bought the amp whilst I was in holiday in Wales, did it all over the phone whilst I was on a mountain bike trail and organised delayed carriage until we were home. Top communication and accepted a cheeky £100 below advertised price with free shipping and 90 day warrantee. Turned up right on time no problems. Can't get better than that.

Cool. I actually bought the amp whilst I was in holiday in Wales, did it all over the phone whilst I was on a mountain bike trail and organised delayed carriage until we were home. Top communication and accepted a cheeky £100 below advertised price with free shipping and 90 day warrantee. Turned up right on time no problems. Can't get better than that.
Absolutely, sounds like a great shopping experience!

Can’t beat an on-line deal.

In recent times:

Fender SuperSonic 22 combo
Soldano SLO-30

I enjoyed the Kemper Profiler I had but I ended up spending more time tweaking than playing because my OCD kept demanding it. I also kind of wished I'd kept the Marshall 2150 combo I had many years ago. The Marshall Jubilee small head and 2x12 I had is still one of my favorite sounds...though it was mostly a one trick pony. Really good trick, though. :)

Previously the Archon, but currently in honeymoon period with Mesa Triple Crown. There's nothing wrong with the Archon. Just getting tired of lows-mids-emphasis characteristics of the amp. The TC somewhat has much brighter tone which complements Disturbed-ish style I like bettter IMHO.

VE09zHj.jpeg

The one I have owned for 30 years: Marshall JCM900 50w combo 1x12.
For clean tones I even prefer it to the classic 4x12

In my current "second youth" as newbie guitar home player I am experimenting with software simulators and I am satisfied indeed.

The one I have owned for 30 years: Marshall JCM900 50w combo 1x12.
For clean tones I even prefer it to the classic 4x12

In my current "second youth" as newbie guitar home player I am experimenting with software simulators and I am satisfied indeed.
Nice!
I’ve owned my JCM900 2100 MkIII since new. First year of production with factory EL34’s.

I have had a Marsh Springfield for around 7 years now. I have played a bunch of gigs with it. It is a modified Vibrolux circuit that is hand built by Mike Marsh. I will probably die with that amp. Another one that I really love is my Friedman Twin Sister. That is another one that I will probably die with. I have the Dirty Shirley 1x12 cabinet for it as well as a Fender cabinet that I put a creamback 75 in. I can run the two cabinets together and get the sound of both the open back and closed back cabinets.

Sooo many to choose from. I really like my Peavey Delta Blues 210, it's criminally underrated. I also really dig the Friedman BE Deluxe amps that I've had an opportunity to play as well as the Orange Rockerverb Mk III. Incidentally my Helix HX Stomp gig patches are based around those two amps. I also really like the tone of my 5150, but it doesn't agree with my back nor do my neighbors care for it when I play it at home.

Today it would be a Two Rock CRS V1.

Tomorrow....... well, who knows.
I had one of those. Great amp. Nothing else does quite what it does. TR makes truly excellent amps. I played Two Rocks exclusively for a dozen years. I love their stuff. My favorite was the Onyx Sig v2.

I went with the PRS amps as my main amps since 2014, but I have a TON of respect for TR amps.

Oh it's time to throw a monkey wrench into the works. I actually have a few that could qualify as favorites. The HXDA for sure, but I also can't do without my DG30, and the Fillmore 50 is fast becoming one of my go-to amps.

"So what's the monkey wrench?"

"We live in a fantastic era - more great tube amps are being made than were made in the '50s and '60s. There are so many great builders. It's hard to go wrong buying any of the better brands of amps. Picking a favorite is tough! It changes from day to day, depending on what I'm working on.

My PRS amps are superb. I still love Mesa amps. And Two-Rocks, Victorias, Matchless, Bad Cat, Morgan, Dr. Z...and on and on. There are just so many great amps for me to play and report to you on here!

This is why I deserve:

a) 100 Million Dollars; and,

b) Another 100 Million Dollars. Just in case. What do you care how much I get as long as I make clips you can make gear decisions with? Right?"

"Wrong."

"Well a perfect, world class studio would be helpful to make these reports, preferably on the Grand Corniche in the South of France, in a house, equipped with a large recording room and whatever else I require for my ability to recommend stuff. I'm not going to leave the house to go to a studio, ever again. It's foolish.

Gimme the money,

Feel free to crowdfund me the first hundred mil. Gotta start somewhere! ;)"

"Why the South of France?"

"Because it's nice there."

This Soldano is a current favorite. I stay on the crunch channel most of the time even though it's known for high gain. It's a deceptively versatile amp that covers just about anything I could ever need.

fHRjz0qh.jpg

Second place goes to about 8 different Boogie amps. I've been a Mark user for years and have had most of the available versions. One of these would probably be my pick. The gain modes on the Fillmore are great but I slightly prefer the clean on the IIA.

MmZgXHTh.jpg

This being a PRS forum, I'll throw out that I'd really like to try a HX/DA.

Back