What is your favorite amp?

This Soldano is a current favorite. I stay on the crunch channel most of the time even though it's known for high gain. It's a deceptively versatile amp that covers just about anything I could ever need.

fHRjz0qh.jpg
I have your amp’s older, bigger brother!
1992 SLO-100

I have two of those, so I can run stereo if I want!

I don’t think I can participate in such a thread. I’ve had my Archon the longest…sort of. I’ve owned 4 Bad Cat hot cats over the last 2 decades though.
Oh, you can participate! I've always been interested in the Bad Cats, and especially that one. But... why 4?

Oh, you can participate! I've always been interested in the Bad Cats, and especially that one. But... why 4?
Well, I bought a hot cat 30 around 2002ish, not long after they came out. After I started a band, I ordered a 100 watt version. Gigged with that pair for 3-4 years. I couldn’t really run the 100 loud enough to get the goods from it(loud!) and sold it to get a 50R. That amp was great and I gigged it in a wet/dry setup for a long time. Sometime around when the Archon was released(I bought one of the initial ones as a preorder before they were in full swing production), we also added another guitarist to the band. The wet dry rig was overkill then. I loved the Archon and used that because it fit the band better and was easier(didn’t love the bad cat fx loop). I had GAS and sold the 50R since I wasn’t using it much. I eventually sold the original 30 too cause it just sat there(stupid!). Then a few years back I stumbled on a used 1x12 30R combo for cheap at GC before Covid started the gear inflation prices. So I have that combo now. I’d rather it be a head, but I couldn’t turn down the price. So that’s how I’ve had 4 of the same amp albeit different wattages.

The reason I said I couldn’t participate is because I can hardly pick just one amp. I love my SLO 100, Archon, Bad Cat, Divided by 13 and Matchless all for different reasons. Would be super hard to pick just one. I feel a little dumb with an over abundance of great amps and more than a little spoiled.:oops:

Last edited:
Egnater Rebel 30. If I had the coin I would definitely buy this amp. It’s either that or a Mesa. I played on a Mesa so many times. Are old studio had two Mesas.

I do love my Katana. I know you can can use patch chords for different sounds but I haven’t a clue as to how to do this.

I wish they had a course on this stuff. Trying learn on my own is useless as I am a technotard. Lol

Egnater Rebel 30. If I had the coin I would definitely buy this amp. It’s either that or a Mesa. I played on a Mesa so many times. Are old studio had two Mesas.

I do love my Katana. I know you can can use patch chords for different sounds but I haven’t a clue as to how to do this.

I wish they had a course on this stuff. Trying learn on my own is useless as I am a technotard. Lol
Bruce Egnater is from my neck of the woods (Detroit). Super-nice guy, knows his stuff.

Whichever one I am playing because I wouldn't buy it if I didn't like it. :)

Picking one is impossible for me for very long. The Bogner Uberschall holds a special place in my heart though. I just love those early versions.

Back