What is your dream custom PRS?

A lot of the dealer WL runs are awfully cool. I snagged one of Jack Gretz' McCarty Trems, and it's awesome, on the level of my PS models in many ways.
Completely agree. Some of the WL runs are getting ridiculously creative, and I LOVE it!

The dimensions of the new SE Hollowbody Standard done in all solid carved ribbon Honduras Mahogany with a curly mahogany neck that's just a wee bit fatter with a bit more shoulder than the standard W/F, with a Brazzy 'board, Mammoth Ivory birds AND buttons AND switch tip, and Brazilian pickup rings...and gold hardware.

Hey, it's my fantasy, so I can have whatever I want.

Well, my preferences aren't funny, so probably just a straight SC594 with Santana Headstock, curly mahogany back and neck, BRW fretboard and a nice wavy maple top. Not quite sure about the inlays or finish, but probably a classic burst would be nice.

I've seen some stuff built by the Private Stock team that is very close to that, but if I'm buying at PS prices, I would want my own build specs :)

Do you own one!?!?
I got to hang out with a few of them for awhile..........

aezqzaY.jpg

Probably the last one I’d part with.
This surprised me a bit. Not because it isn’t a great guitar. I just thought you might favour a SC trem in the end.

Truly, I can’t wrap my mind around a last guitar. Maybe a last few: my classical, the Art Deco steel string, a hollow body (Blondie) and a solid body. The solid body would be a toss up - might make for an interesting thread.

Do you own one!?!?

I have two dragons left. The SC in the pic and this one:
This surprised me a bit. Not because it isn’t a great guitar. I just thought you might favour a SC trem in the end..

For years I thought I had to have a trem, and then a while back I consider how little I actually used it. That coupled with other advantages persuaded me to prefer stop tails. But SCs still float my boat.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back