What is your dream custom PRS?

PRSfanboy46

Don't lick doorknobs and stay in school
If I had to build a Private stock, mine would be a bit weird. It would have the CE custom 24 specs, bolt on neck, flamed maple or just an all rosewood neck with a brazillian board on it. Buckeye burl or a 10 top and a swamp ash body. The neck would have the same carve and finish as well.

I used to think tiger's eye one-piece tops were awesome, and owned a PS Archtop spec'd with one-piece maple top and back. PS Eagle at the 12th fret. Ebony board. No other fret markers, save for abalone side dots. Artist pickups. Despite the ebony board and maple top/back, the guitar was deep and resonant because of the large hollow body. The ultimate jazz box. And I SOLD it because I couldn't justify owning such a beautiful guitar with my puny chops. That, and because I needed to simplify my lavish lifestyle because my savings were being depleted at a quick pace.

Some years later, owning 3 PRS guitars, none of which is a core, but all do what I need and then some. My flirtation days with PS are no more. Living within my means is more of a necessity than dreaming about guitars, that could only be meant for folks whose income exceeds their good reasoning.

Last edited:
Based on what I currently own, my current dream guitar if I could spec one, would be a Modern Eagle V semi-hollow with Piezo, Rosewood neck and a Dragon Inlay. I would love to own any/all the previous Dragons too...

My dream guitar would probably be something quite different to what I already own. I don't see the point of buying another 594 or Hollowbody II for example - even if a PS version may be that bit better than the one I have, I would want it to offer something I don't have first and foremost and the MEv is so versatile, if I am spending that much money, having all those options in one seems like a no brainer....

An orange Modern Eagle I with a one piece top. Some day, some day.

mccarty soapbar trem in a browner version of old goldtop. maybe a headstock vaneer...maybe not.

Honestly, if PRS could clone my 94 Custom 22 in Singlecut form, that would be great.
Color, figure, Dragon Is, Phase I tuners, Widefat neck, MOP birds...Singlecut body and electronics.

Strangely enough, though I have four PS' bought new, I only spec'd one of them, my acoustic. The rest were PS model runs. Paul specs 'em better than I can.

I fully realize that I have no imagination. :p

I totally feel that way: know exactly what I like but have no imagination with a blank slate.

Lucky for me, one of the upcoming Brian's wood library MEV builds comes like 90% of the way to how I would spec a PS MEV (swamp ash/maple neck) so I had to jump aboard.

I think this answer changes often, but here's my current wishlist:

x66eqsz.jpg

I totally feel that way: know exactly what I like but have no imagination with a blank slate.

Lucky for me, one of the upcoming Brian's wood library MEV builds comes like 90% of the way to how I would spec a PS MEV (swamp ash/maple neck) so I had to jump aboard.

A lot of the dealer WL runs are awfully cool. I snagged one of Jack Gretz' McCarty Trems, and it's awesome, on the level of my PS models in many ways.

Back