What is your dream custom PRS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PRSfanboy46, Sep 21, 2020.

1. PRSfanboy46

PRSfanboy46 New Member

If I had to build a Private stock, mine would be a bit weird. It would have the CE custom 24 specs, bolt on neck, flamed maple or just an all rosewood neck with a brazillian board on it. Buckeye burl or a 10 top and a swamp ash body. The neck would have the same carve and finish as well.

2. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

Strangely enough, though I have four PS' bought new, I only spec'd one of them, my acoustic. The rest were PS model runs. Paul specs 'em better than I can.

I fully realize that I have no imagination. :p

3. markd21

markd21 New Member

4. SinSir

SinSir New Member

markd21 likes this.
  5. CandidPicker

CandidPicker Open-Ears / Zippered Lips

I used to think tiger's eye one-piece tops were awesome, and owned a PS Archtop spec'd with one-piece maple top and back. PS Eagle at the 12th fret. Ebony board. No other fret markers, save for abalone side dots. Artist pickups. Despite the ebony board and maple top/back, the guitar was deep and resonant because of the large hollow body. The ultimate jazz box. And I SOLD it because I couldn't justify owning such a beautiful guitar with my puny chops. That, and because I needed to simplify my lavish lifestyle because my savings were being depleted at a quick pace.

Some years later, owning 3 PRS guitars, none of which is a core, but all do what I need and then some. My flirtation days with PS are no more. Living within my means is more of a necessity than dreaming about guitars, that could only be meant for folks whose income exceeds their good reasoning.

#6 CandidPicker, Sep 22, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    dogrocketp likes this.
  6. Mozzi

Mozzi https://imgur.com/user/BAMozzy/posts

Based on what I currently own, my current dream guitar if I could spec one, would be a Modern Eagle V semi-hollow with Piezo, Rosewood neck and a Dragon Inlay. I would love to own any/all the previous Dragons too...

My dream guitar would probably be something quite different to what I already own. I don't see the point of buying another 594 or Hollowbody II for example - even if a PS version may be that bit better than the one I have, I would want it to offer something I don't have first and foremost and the MEv is so versatile, if I am spending that much money, having all those options in one seems like a no brainer....

7. veinbuster

veinbuster Zombie Three, DFZ

#8 veinbuster, Sep 22, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    bodia and Wakester like this.
  8. dmatthews

dmatthews Dave's not here...

???:confused:

9. Silvertree

Silvertree I love the smell of a PRS case in the morning.

An orange Modern Eagle I with a one piece top. Some day, some day.

bodia likes this.
  10. veinbuster

veinbuster Zombie Three, DFZ

As someone who lived most of my adult life living below my means: it might mean earning more than my rational brain felt I needed to spend.

or maybe it was just another cheap shot.

11. CandidPicker

Sorry. Meant to say dreaming about luxury items is for folks whose income exceeds their good reasoning. (Read: Sometimes luxury isn't a matter of "When can buy this?" it's more a matter of "Who am I kidding? No way could I afford this, and still be on good terms with my wife.")

Wakester and dogrocketp like this.
  12. CandidPicker

No, you were correct initially. (Have since corrected my words to read more easily...)

dogrocketp likes this.
  13. dogrocketp

dogrocketp I drank the PRS kool aid, and it was tasty!

I actually have what I want, with no private stock. They’ve made amazing guitars that I’m very happy to play. Now if I could just get that former creole Girlfriend back.....................

Mozzi, dmatthews and veinbuster like this.
  14. Jason Penn

Jason Penn New Member

mccarty soapbar trem in a browner version of old goldtop. maybe a headstock vaneer...maybe not.

15. DISTORT6

DISTORT6 NJ Devil

Honestly, if PRS could clone my 94 Custom 22 in Singlecut form, that would be great.
    Color, figure, Dragon Is, Phase I tuners, Widefat neck, MOP birds...Singlecut body and electronics.

16. Malloc

Malloc New Member

I totally feel that way: know exactly what I like but have no imagination with a blank slate.

Lucky for me, one of the upcoming Brian's wood library MEV builds comes like 90% of the way to how I would spec a PS MEV (swamp ash/maple neck) so I had to jump aboard.

LSchefman likes this.
  17. goat-n-gitter

goat-n-gitter Dismembered

ME V with maple neck, ebony board, super quilty top in some custom variant of eriza verde, and most importantly - piezo.

bodia and LSchefman like this.
  18. DougUSMC

DougUSMC Perpetual Practicer

I think this answer changes often, but here's my current wishlist:

[​IMG]

19. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

A lot of the dealer WL runs are awfully cool. I snagged one of Jack Gretz' McCarty Trems, and it's awesome, on the level of my PS models in many ways.

bodia likes this.