What is your blues pedal in PRS

That's fair enough.

I'll change my answer to Klon KTR then. :)

Lots of people love this. My mate from work always has either the KTR or Ceriatone Klon on his board. It sounds great when he plays trough his pedalbord. When I do - I sound like an ass. I need to analyse why I just can't get along with overdrive pedals.

The only three overdrives I liked are earlier mentioned, Nordland. It doesn't sound like a pedal, it does sound and behave like an amp. Xotic AC Booster, old yellow one - it does sound like a pedal, lol. It distorts differently than the others, it has a bit different clipping stage than typical back-to-back symmetrical or asymmetrical diode arrangement, maybe that's why? Great active two-band EQ too. The third one I used to like a lot is Kingtone Duelist V2. Only because the left side (Bluesbreaker based) works wonders stacked wirh my octave pedal - gnarly, stoner nuke. So much fun.

None of them is part of my current rig but they are worth trying.

I always wanted to try one of these. I saw a band one night where the guitar player was using one of these. His tone was fantastic. He had a plexiglass shield in front of his amp so he could get it cooking and then hit it with this pedal. I wanted a shield and this pedal after that. I never came across one of these and then they stopped making them.

I believe these are still being made, I think you have to go directly on the builders website. This was men on TheGearPage recently. Never tried one either. I kept hearing best suited for Vox amps, which I don’t have now.

I find the Euphoria does all sorts of interesting, different things,,,at least in the studio here. Maybe I'd share your sentiment were I trying to play out with it.
I'm using a Boss Chorus CE-5 and going into a THD Univalve(12 inch Avatar bottom), and also into a Quilter MP200, with an 8 built in, and also with a Mesa one 12 bottom.
+1 for the Boss CE 5 - great for just adding subtle amounts of chorus to fatten out your sound.

That's fair enough.

I'll change my answer to Klon KTR then. :)
That's my favorite. And the Hot cake. The Hot cake has squeezed its way onto my board. At least for the time being.

Either the Klon KTR or Hot Cake beefs up a Strat or Silver Sky but lower the volume control on the guitar and they clean up for jazz and blues chords.

The Hot Cake can be set for a smooth liquid sound which I'm starting to really, really like.

But like I said before, I don't bring a lot pedals to a blues gig.

I keep it very, very subtle with the overdrive and effects.

Last edited:
I got the KTR at list price, right before the world went nuts in 2020.
Ordered it in February, and got it a couple months later.

I cant imagine paying like $700 for one.
Nor I.

But I knew it would be a good investment so I bought three!

They're asking $1000 or more for them on Reverb.

Must be selling them to rock stars!

That's my favorite. And the Hot cake. The Hot cake has squeezed its way onto my board. At least for the time being.

Either the Klon KTR or Hot Cake beefs up a Strat or Silver Sky but lower the volume control on the guitar and they clean up for jazz and blues chords.

The Hot Cake can be set for a smooth liquid sound which I'm starting to really, really like.

But like I said before, I don't bring a lot pedals to a blues gig.

I keep it very, very subtle with the overdrive and effects.

Back in the ancient days, the Hot Cake was HOT on the old PRS forum (before the current factory-authorized forum) and TGP. People loved it.

Back in the ancient days, the Hot Cake was HOT on the old PRS forum (before the current factory-authorized forum) and TGP. People loved it.
I took my SE Silver Sky modified with Chubtone '61 pickups (Mike Gray from Austin, Texas makes them) and the tremolo set to float, and my Hot Cake to Starrs Guitars in Cedaredge, CO. Saturday to show to David Starr. David's a great guitarist and singer and has sold me lots of guitars, including my Silver Sky and my new PRS HDRX 20 amp.

I wanted him to compare my modified SE to his favorite USA Silver Sky in his shop and to try out the Hot Cake. I think he was blown away!

Interestingly, the USA Silver Sky sounded hotter and brighter, but the Chubtones sounded warmer and smoother, and through the Hot Cake they got a gorgeous liquid sustain. Beautiful clear, warm, jazzy chords.

I have to say I was very impressed by the the USA Silver Sky, once again. Strong, bubbley and glassy tones but not edgey or harsh. Like a really great vintage Strat. It was a 2018 model.

David kept playing my SE though and every once in a while he'd stop to say: This a great guitar!

But that's also what he said when he sold it to me last year.

I took my SE Silver Sky modified with Chubtone '61 pickups (Mike Gray from Austin, Texas makes them) and the tremolo set to float, and my Hot Cake to Starrs Guitars in Cedaredge, CO. Saturday to show to David Starr. David's a great guitarist and singer and has sold me lots of guitars, including my Silver Sky and my new PRS HDRX 20 amp.

I wanted him to compare my modified SE to his favorite USA Silver Sky in his shop and to try out the Hot Cake. I think he was blown away!

Interestingly, the USA Silver Sky sounded hotter and brighter, but the Chubtones sounded warmer and smoother, and through the Hot Cake they got a gorgeous liquid sustain. Beautiful clear, warm, jazzy chords.

I have to say I was impressed by the clean tones of the USA Silver Sky. Bubbley and glassy but not edgey or harsh. Like a really great vintage Strat. It was a 2018 model.

David kept playing my SE though and every once in a while he'd stop to say: This a great guitar!

But that's also what he said when he sold it to me last year.
Well...the SS USA model is really stellar-sounding. I haven't tried the SE version.

I'm not a Strat guy. This is going to sound snotty: I haven't played a Strat I've liked that was made after 1965. This would make me a horrible person, but I'm also a horrible person for other, unrelated, reasons, so how I feel about Strats doesn't matter much! ;)

On the other hand, I haven't lived with a Silver Sky. For a million reasons, most of which are personal preference, I like to play the USA models but have to live with a guitar for a while to know, and I think it'd be a risk to buy one. Pretty sure I'd wind up selling it.

Last edited:
It's a great amp for a lot of things. I have the 50W head version. Love it.
I have the 50w head too, driving two Fillmore 2x12. One with stock C90s, the other one with two 90's Mesa branded Vintage 30s. It cost me a small fortune to get these speakers shipped from the USA to the UK but it was worth it. Quicker lows than the C90s, sweet highs, and no spikes.

I love this amp, I bought it for my 40th bday. It can wear lots of hats - classic voiced, but with strong Boogie authority. It loves to be boosted :)

I have the 50w head too, driving two Fillmore 2x12. One with stock C90s, the other one with two 90's Mesa branded Vintage 30s. It cost me a small fortune to get these speakers shipped from the USA to the UK but it was worth it. Quicker lows than the C90s, sweet highs, and no spikes.

I love this amp, I bought it for my 40th bday. It can wear lots of hats - classic voiced, but with strong Boogie authority. It loves to be boosted :)
I've used mine on national ad campaigns for Ford. It's a great amp.

I like it through a California Tweed cab; the Jensen Blackbirds with the Fillmore are outstanding, make it more vintage-sounding. I've also used it with the Mesa C-90 Black Shadows in my Lone Star 212, and V-30s in the PRS cabs. All are absolutely great, it's that kind of amp that sounds nice with everything.

However, I sold the Cali Tweed cab because I'm putting together a different type of rig with a Grossmann silent speaker, and figure I'll get a few different types of speakers to use with its quick-change feature, including a Blackbird, a Celestion Cream Alnico, etc.

Last edited:
I've used mine on national ad campaigns for Ford. It's a great amp.

I like it through a California Tweed cab; the Jensen Blackbirds with the Fillmore are outstanding, make it more vintage-sounding. I've also used it with the Mesa C-90 Black Shadows in my Lone Star 212, and V-30s in the PRS cabs. All are absolutely great, it's that kind of amp that sounds nice with everything.

However, I sold the Cali Tweed cab because I'm putting together a different type of rig with a Grossmann silent speaker, and figure I'll get a few different types of speakers to use with its quick-change feature, including a Blackbird, a Celestion Cream Alnico, etc.
I no longer own any other amps. I had Orange AD30 Twin, Rockerverb mk3 50 head and Rivera M60 but I sold them a few months after I got the Boogie. I may get the Synergy preamp to add some channels to my amp but that's just GAS. All in all; Fillmore + these Secret Preamps make me feel tonally complete.

I used to drive a Ford, my wife has a new Fiesta. Fun fact; Ford deposit money went from my gear fund - there was this Korina McCarty on reverb I wanted to have - I sent the offer which was rejected with a counteroffer which I liked. I was just about to accept but I realised she will chop my dick off in sleep if I get another guitar. I went downstairs to feel her mood, started doing dishes, talking **** about the trip to London and all and we started talking about her old car leaking oil. I felt guilty and paid the Ford deposit the next day.

That Korina, tho... :( lucky for her it wasn't the Soapbar version

Last edited:
I no longer own any other amps. I had Orange AD30 Twin, Rockerverb mk3 50 head and Rivera M60 but I sold them a few months after I got the Boogie. I may get the Synergy preamp to add some channels to my amp but that's just GAS. All in all; Fillmore + these Secret Preamps make me feel tonally complete.

I used to drive a Ford, my wife has a new Fiesta. Fun fact; Ford deposit money went from my gear fund - there was this Korina McCarty on reverb I wanted to have - I sent the offer which was rejected with a counteroffer which I liked. I was just about to accept but I realised she will chop my dick off in sleep if I get another guitar. I went downstairs to feel her mood, started doing dishes, talking **** about the trip to London and all and we started talking about her old car leaking oil. I felt guilty and paid the Ford deposit the next day.

That Korina, tho... :( lucky for her it wasn't the Soapbar version

Couldn’t you have found another woman with a better car?

*Waza Craft Blues Driver*.
JHS Angry Driver (dual mode pedal that you can parallel internally).
Strymon Sunset (just about everything useful inside the box).
Beetronix Royal Jelly (a VERY outside the box OD-Fuzz blender that creates some unique tones. OK, that has nothing to do with blues, but you never know until you step on it. Beetronix makes some *great ***** in the fuzz/drive category.)

Pedal boards I am over with. My Katana has every sound that I could think of on it.

It’s big and clumsy. It has some great pedals on it. I am always toying with the idea of getting it out one day and hooking it up to my Katana.

I think I am looking towards getting a Boss GT1.

Pedal boards I am over with. My Katana has every sound that I could think of on it.

It’s big and clumsy. It has some great pedals on it. I am always toying with the idea of getting it out one day and hooking it up to my Katana.

I think I am looking towards getting a Boss GT1.

I like having my favorite pedals on my board. Not just what one company gives me.

Every pedal on my board is a pedal I love.

For me it's not just about having sounds.

It's about having particular sounds.

I'm fussy.

I like having my favorite pedals on my board. Not just what one company gives me.

Every pedal on my board is a pedal I love.

For me it's not just about having sounds.

It's about having particular sounds.

I'm fussy.

Lew hit the nail on the head.

You can get 'all the sounds' in one box, but too often it's 57 channels and...yeah...nothin' on...

My go to the last few years is a Fulldrive 3 into a Friedman amp. It's an earlier model before they added the buffer. Some said the 3 was too dark but I just kept the tone knob up a little higher.

Another good one has been a KOT set to low gain in OD mode into an Alessandro rewire Deluxe Reverb.

And with a Budda Dual Stage 30 I'm obligated to use a Timmy. Mostly because it sounds great but also because I am one. TIMMAY!

Back