What is this SE ?

Robzy

Hello everybody.
I bought a PRS SE online and I am wondering since the beginning what is it exactly...
It has been sold to me as a 2004 PRS SE Singlecut. The thing is, the logo on the headstock isn't an SE one... They told me that maybe it's because it is from the first series of SE Singlecut.
To me, it looks more like a Tremonti model, or 245... But this Core logo is strange.
The Serial Number starts with E04, which would be normal for a 2004 SE.

What do you guys think ?
Thanks.

BwRcOCJ.jpg

Wjeqoxm.jpg

QGbEVye.jpg

fDOXH5Y.jpg

SE245 (or maybe SE Singlecut but I'm leaning more towards 245) is what it looks like. I don't think it's a "standard" which I believe are made in a different factory than the one in Korea.

SE245 (or maybe SE Singlecut but I'm leaning more towards 245) is what it looks like. I don't think it's a "standard" which I believe are made in a different factory than the one in Korea.
I think SE245 that someone's messed with the headstock on.

I think all the SE Singlecuts are 2 control, right? (Vol/Tone)

I think SE245 that someone's messed with the headstock on.

I think all the SE Singlecuts are 2 control, right? (Vol/Tone)

Agreed on the headstock, definitely looks refinished. I believe you are also correct on the control layout.

Thank you guys !
I think the headstock looks refinished too, to be fair. But the fact that it matches the body color got me confused.

Look at the orange peel on the headstock face. That and the crooked logo tell me that someone redid the headstock. Take off the tuners, wetsand and buff it out and it'll look much better.

Thank you guys !
I think the headstock looks refinished too, to be fair. But the fact that it matches the body color got me confused.

Looks like someone put one of those vinyl headstock logo/stickers on. You can get them off ebay, unfortunately. Otherwise, looks like a nice guitar.

Back