What is this model

MattRobPhoto

Can someone please identify this model of PRS for me? What I am looking for is the maple neck with those "hollow" birds! VERY VERY Hard to find! Can someone tell me what model this is?

PRS%20GUITAR%203708091160%29.png

Thank you!

Last edited:
The birds are different... they are "hollow" birds. that's what Im lookin for
The hollow birds came and went and then came and went (IIRC), and AFAIK, are not found on current production models - but happy to be proven wrong.

But there should be plenty of stock on the used market for you to find what you are looking for.

Those birds have been around a long time as mentioned. It’s the Dustie Waring CE as Hans said. New one has different knobs.

Yeah, that is a Dustie Waring CE24 Floyd Limited. You would need to find a 2019 or earlier. For 2020 they went with solid birds. Here's a pic of mine - after a custom paint job:

BEAUTIFUL guitar! Wow! Ok... cool! So Now I know.... 2019 or earlier for the birds like that!

Thanks for the great info!! So, below is what I'm looking for specifically.
(I am not a 305 fan)
  • Blue Body
  • 24fret Maple Fretboard
  • The NON-solid birds, or outlined birds or "hollow birds" or whatever they are appropriately called
I know there are many out there, but the maple fretboard with the NON Solid birds are rare from what I am finding.
A 2019 DW Limted blue with Floyd will work... it's cool. But I want to see what else is out there as a traditional PRS color/finish too.

Outside of those specs for me, the rest is good!

Last edited:
Just found
2018 PRS DW ce 24 “Floyd” Limited Edition Dustie Waring signature waring burst Satin on Reverb... it's really pretty. It's not blue but DAMN!!

Who is this guy Dustie Waring anyway?? LOL!!!!!! I'm an old 80s guy... not a grunge metal or country guy so that may be why I don't know him.

There's a lot of interviews...but not a lot of playing.

Ahhhh ok.. metal. Yea, not a fan of his music, but I'm sure he's an amazing player.

Love his guitar though! :)

Yeah, it's a very cool guitar. I love the control placement - very natural and ergonomic. Personally i could do without the Floyd, and will probably block it since i never use it.

Back