What is this guitar?

otr0n

I have been offered this guitar at about 3k, I have been told is the custom 24 but I don’t know more about it and its not an exact match from the one on the website.
I am going to go take a look at it and I wanted to ask if you think this is a good deal and what should I look for when checking it out?
thank you very much

gnMT5Qm.jpg

That's definitely a Custom 24, maybe somewhere in the early-mid 2000's...thinking somewhere between 2004 and 2008. These shipped with the three-knob electronics...master tone, volume, and a 5-way rotary for you different pickup combinations.

Looks legit as far as I can tell, not a fake or anything like that. If in good, working condition with no serious abrasions, 3K is about average. A close, personal inspection would reveal more information.

If you're checking it out in person, look for cracks or repairs in the finish. Anything in the neck area can raise concern as it can affect overall playability and stability.

thanks a lot for the advice, still a newbie here, I don’t have more pictures, already asked for more but the guy is taking a long time to answer.
This would be my first prs and my first “serious” guitar, have had my eye only on prs for a while and having this opportunity go to waste seems wrong, is the same color that I would had gotten myself as well but don’t want to rush the deal if I could wait or get something better.
considering the price, what do you think of this guitar vs a (new)ce24?

I think it’s a little expensive but, I’d way rather have it than a new CE.
What he says. Agree this sould be early 90s CU24 and it is not under priced, but I would pick this over a new CE24 in a heart beat as well.

Beautiful top by the way, and I have a hunch you will be in for a surprise if you look under the PU rings. Looks like a faded blue guitar?

What he says. Agree this sould be early 90s CU24 and it is not under priced, but I would pick this over a new CE24 in a heart beat as well.

Beautiful top by the way, and I have a hunch you will be in for a surprise if you look under the PU rings. Looks like a faded blue guitar?
yeah! Looks more faded blue than charcoal.

Small script logo was replaced in 1994. So that’s a CU24 from about 1990(ish) depending on if they changed the knobs.

Edit: I think I can barely make out bolts for the block in that trem, so I’m gonna guess it’s a 92.

I'm with Serge. Logo is a dead giveaway that it's an earlier one. I also think I see block bolts. Need the serial number to know 100%.

Color could be Grey Black. I don't remember when that one came out. Otherwise, could be a faded Whale Blue or Emerald Green. To be sure, you'd have to lift the bridge pickup and check inside the rout.

Also, are the birdies mother of pearl? Wasn't there a short time in the early 90's when they did that?

I'm with Serge. Logo is a dead giveaway that it's an earlier one. I also think I see block bolts. Need the serial number to know 100%.

Color could be Grey Black. I don't remember when that one came out. Otherwise, could be a faded Whale Blue or Emerald Green. To be sure, you'd have to lift the bridge pickup and check inside the rout.

Also, are the birdies mother of pearl? Wasn't there a short time in the early 90's when they did that?
Grey Black was pretty early, maybe 88?

And yeah, the birds do look MOP.

Grey Black was pretty early, maybe 88?

And yeah, the birds do look MOP.
I think it looks like a 92, birds look MOP to me in these photos. FB looks Indian rosewood in the photos not Brazilian. Defiantly a wide thin neck.

3K in which currency? I would think about 2.5K GBP is fair if in really good condition with hang tags.

Back