What is this guitar? Custom 22? Special order McCarty Anniversary?

adamcadamc

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. Many moons ago when I was in full on band mode I bought this guitar from a Guitar Center on an impulse when my band was on tour. It was in 2005 I think, which makes sense based on the serial number - 5 92874.

In any event, might sound dumb, but I never really new what it was. Partially because I remember the Guitar Center tags being wrong at the time, and partially because I didn't really ever care. Just loved how it sounded, looked, and played, so I bought it. But, I was just looking around recently to see what info I could find on it, and it seems like it's an odd setup:

22 pickups
Two P90
"20th" truss rod cover
Bird inlays on Indian rosewood
Serial number: 5 92874

At first I thought it was a Custom 22 20th Anniversary, but had trouble finding similar setups with the two P90's online. Then I found a very similar guitar (different color) listed on Reverb as a McCarty 20th anniversary special order to come with the P90's. Please see the photos below:

Does anyone know what this is or have any insight? Apologies if any of this post is dumb or obvious. I am by no means an expert, just looking for help from the pros! Thank you in advance!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. Many moons ago when I was in full on band mode I bought this guitar from a Guitar Center on an impulse when my band was on tour. It was in 2005 I think, which makes sense based on the serial number - 5 92874.

In any event, might sound dumb, but I never really new what it was. Partially because I remember the Guitar Center tags being wrong at the time, and partially because I didn't really ever care. Just loved how it sounded, looked, and played, so I bought it. But, I was just looking around recently to see what info I could find on it, and it seems like it's an odd setup:

22 pickups
Two P90
"20th" truss rod cover
Bird inlays on Indian rosewood
Serial number: 5 92874

At first I thought it was a Custom 22 20th Anniversary, but had trouble finding similar setups with the two P90's online. Then I found a very similar guitar (different color) listed on Reverb as a McCarty 20th anniversary special order to come with the P90's. Please see the photos below:

Does anyone know what this is or have any insight? Apologies if any of this post is dumb or obvious. I am by no means an expert, just looking for help from the pros! Thank you in advance!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg
You’ll have to make a few posts before you can add pics, then you’ll need to use a hosting site like Imgur. I’m sure someone here will either have a guitar like yours or know what it is.

Welcome to the forum! And, in my opinion, the way you bought the guitar is the right way. All you ever need know is that you love it. :)

All 2005 guitars were considered anniversaries and came with TRCs with 20th engraving.
The Anniversary Package guitars had the same TRCs but with the lettering in exposed aluminum as well as all of the other features included in the package.
So just a 2005 McCarty Soapbar.:)
Looks awesome, too.

Yup, definitely a "regular" (if you can call it that) 2005 McCarty Soapbar model, albeit with the strap buttons changed and that bridge is likely non-original (although it appears to be the proper PRS retrofit), as they likely would've been straight-stoptail non-adjustable. That's a fabulous guitar you've got there--and that flamed natural top is quite unique!

Back