What Is The Meaning of Life, Father?

I‘m taking mine with me.
I'd certainly do that if I were you.

Supposedly the first emperor of China created a little world inside his buried funerary pyramid, with rivers of mercury, and not only took all his toys with him, he also took all of his courtiers and retainers.

A lot of freaking good it did him! Plus, mercury is poison."

"He was already dead. I don't suppose it mattered."

"You should be already dead, too."

"You're right, but I'd wait on that comment until it actually happens, or you'll look like a curmudgeon."

I'd certainly do that if I were you.

Supposedly the first emperor of China created a little world inside his buried funerary pyramid, with rivers of mercury, and not only took all his toys with him, he also took all of his courtiers and retainers.

A lot of freaking good it did him! Plus, mercury is poison."

"He was already dead. I don't suppose it mattered."

"You should be already dead, too."

"You're right, but I'd wait on that comment until it actually happens, or you'll look like a curmudgeon."

Actually, I’m buying into this theory:

In any case, my friends, what meaning do you ascribe to your own lives?

Everyone's got a story. Spill!
I am of the house where we take life as it hits us. I do not try to find meaning in everything that happens. I actually get rather annoyed when the Mrs. says things to that affect. After my head on collision in February of '20 all I heard for a week was 'there is a reason you survived' 'There is a reason blah, blah, blah. Sure, there was a reason, its because the airbag did what it was supposed to do. It was because the crumple zones in the frame worked like they were designed.

Basically, I do not need to justify everything that happens with a why. It happened, I learned something or i didn't, lets move on.

Back