What Is The Meaning of Life, Father?

The Meaning Of Life is the last Monty Python movie to feature all of the members of the troupe. Perhaps best known for the segments that include the song "Every Sperm Is Sacred" and the exploding diner Mr. Creosote, there are quite a few good bits in the film. I'm especially fond of the moment in the chapter about birth when the expectant mother says, "What do I do?" and the doctor replies, "Nothing, dear, you're not qualified." That and Eric Idle's waiter showing his childhood home. And, frankly, quite a few more bits.

“….and another bucket for Sir?”

The Meaning Of Life is the last Monty Python movie to feature all of the members of the troupe. Perhaps best known for the segments that include the song "Every Sperm Is Sacred" and the exploding diner Mr. Creosote, there are quite a few good bits in the film. I'm especially fond of the moment in the chapter about birth when the expectant mother says, "What do I do?" and the doctor replies, "Nothing, dear, you're not qualified." That and Eric Idle's waiter showing his childhood home. And, frankly, quite a few more bits.
One of my favs in that movie is when the woman is at the sink peeling a potato and she births a baby to the floor of the kitchen and says to her daughter "Ohh, get that, would you, Deirdre?"! Classic movie in so many ways, "bring me a bucket", the machine that goes "Ping", etc.!!

One of my favs in that movie is when the woman is at the sink peeling a potato and she births a baby to the floor of the kitchen and says to her daughter "Ohh, get that, would you, Deirdre?"! Classic movie in so many ways, "bring me a bucket", the machine that goes "Ping", etc.!!

“….one of those little rubber devices…”

After almost 7 decades I'd say the essential meaning of Life is "Love is Life, Music is Love , share the Love "
A very good thought!

I don't know how many people think 'Money is Life, Money is Love, Hoard the Money' - at least few will admit it - but when the rubber meets the road it sure seems like an awful lot.

Back