What is the Best Amp for your PRS Guitar

For rockin' my Mesa recto, for clean (Don't have one yet) Henricks Jazzamp.
Well if y'all are gonna necrobump a thread that I was the last rep back in 2017 I guess I can update mine.

Sold the Recto, never got a Hendricks, but my Mark V is Swiss army enough to cover all the bases for my PRSi.

.... although I admit that Soldano makes me a little jealous.

True. I've heard a Trainwreck Rocket takes it to the next level, but I've never played one.
I've played PRSes through a Komet, an amp that's made very well, - better than very well, actually, it's made incredibly well. They properly licensed the original Trainwreck circuit from Ken Fischer in the early '00s.

It was really, really good. I was playing Two-Rocks at the time, so I didn't need one, but I dug it. I still occasionally think about getting a Komet at some point.

Maybe I should revisit their website and...uh-oh...

I've played PRSes through a Komet, an amp that's made very well, - better than very well, actually, it's made incredibly well. They properly licensed the original Trainwreck circuit from Ken Fischer in the early '00s.

It was really, really good. I was playing Two-Rocks at the time, so I didn't need one, but I dug it. I still occasionally think about getting a Komet at some point.

Komets do not suck, I agree. There's a solid spot for that jangle in rock and roll. I built a P2P Express last year and it's a freak of an amp. It sounds like Godzilla when cranked, but when dialed back, it has a multilayered clean that I've never heard anywhere else. I ordered iron for a couple of Rocket builds, we'll see if I ever get to build them.

I Have Always Wanted A Concorde...

The Bose L1, S1, F2 and L1 Pro 16 (in chronological order) are what I've been using since 2005.

FRFR is the way to go, for me, and the PRS axes. Lets those freq's shine all the way transparently. Pushes them far out in distance and lets the true guitar voice shine. I do use a modeler in the guitar chain.

I sound like a fanboy and have no rag rets!

I Have Always Wanted A Concorde...
The Concorde sounds wonderful, tons of personality and vibe. It's got a bit more rock and roll attitude than the Komet 60, though it also cleans up beautifully. I think that's the one that was brought to my studio, but I've also heard the 60.

Speaking only for myself, I'd get the 60, because I don't require higher gain, and like a bit more headroom. But the 60 can also rock out. Both are a significantly different flavor than anything I have in my studio.

It would be a great addition to the PRS amps in my setup.

Last edited:
Back