What is on your pedal board

I think what AR might have been saying was that the pedal isn't as complicated as a Chase Bliss, Specular Tempus, or Origin Effects Overdrive, all of which might be a tad overwhelming for us mere mortals. :)

I figure if I can learn to use half the features, and still dial in a sound I like, I’m good.

My H9s look at me and say, “You could’ve learned the cool feature on page 80 of the manual, bonehead.”

That’s when I give them a “reset to factory defaults” just to mess with their digital brains. ;)

Existing incarnation: Guitar In > Empress Buffer > Dunlop CAE MC404 Wah > Iguana Tail Looper 2 Switcher (In) >> (Tuner) Polytune Noir > (Loop 1) Wampler Ego Compressor > (Loop 2) Decibels Golden Horse Overdrive/Boost [Mini-Klon Clone] > (Loop 3) J Rockett Blue Note Pro Series Overdrive > (Loop 4) TC Electronics Sentry Noise Gate > (Loop 5) Neunaber Immerse Reverb/Delay/Detune v.1 >> Iguana Tail (Out) > Empress Buffer (Out) > Amp

That sounds like a really nice setup, and of course I need a pic.

I have two separate boards for touring and a helix for those gigs where the sound guys are tightwads about stage volume.

The PT-2 chain is usually Vox V847 wah->Wampler mini ego->Wampler euphoria->wampler Euphoria (yes, again)-> Wampler Brent mason-> Wampler Pinnacle deluxe-> wampler Sovereign-> boss TU-2-> Cusack tap-a-delay-> Strymon blue sky.

The pedal train nano board is usually Wampler ego-> Wampler euphoria-> Wampler Pinnacle deluxe-> Moore skyverb.

That sounds like a really nice setup, and of course I need a pic.

In a minute, need to take a good pic that depicts the board in a good light...

tWB0XOz.jpg

Sorry if the audio rack displays in the background...it was the best image I could take without including a bunch o' stuff...

Last edited:
Testing out a few OD options this weekend and having a hard time deciding what I should sell.

The bd-2 was free and I love it, but I think the RAT clone can go. Really pleased with this Z-Drive as I can kinda run the green channel like a klon, and the red brings me up to bd2 gain levels.

Over the last year I've gone nuts with buying new pedals. One thing that really amazes me is that RV6. I kept it vs my Empress Reverb and that is saying something as the Empress knocked off my Blue Sky and Space.

Untitled by cxcxsx, on Flickr

Of course. It's not always easy to know what features exist unless you dig into the instruction manuals. Fortunately, I'm a fan of instructional manuals, because they're non-fiction and mostly factual save for any embellishments that make the device seem more desirable.

Oh I read them as far as I need to to operate them. But I had an H3000d/se for 20 years or so, and the Eventide parameters are pretty much the same, just a different interface.

Nice pedalboard, BTW!

I think what AR might have been saying was that the pedal isn't as complicated as a Chase Bliss, Specular Tempus, or Origin Effects Overdrive, all of which might be a tad overwhelming for us mere mortals. :)

What with family, work, ceilings getting replaced etc. and band rehearsals, simple is good at the moment.

Stress levels at Defcon 1!

The pedal board was immense live. Chorus pedal was sweet as, the delay and tremolo pedal great. I’m loving the combination of Plexi OD and chorus for “Hammer to Fall”.

The little TC Electronic 20db boost is awesome.

I have a great versatile set up.

The Pockverb Delay/Reverb has about a zillion settings, but I’ll eventually find time to play with it a bit.

Yeah it’s not expensive, but it doesn’t have to be to be good!

Oh I read them as far as I need to to operate them. But I had an H3000d/se for 20 years or so, and the Eventide parameters are pretty much the same, just a different interface.

Nice pedalboard, BTW!

Thanks. It wasn't necessary for me to "data farm" many of my effects, simply because the YouTube vids that had been researched displayed a relatively good representation of how each of the effects sounds/works. There were several times when I thought some of my potential purchases were plain old BS. Some were a pig-in-the-poke. Some, I couldn't whip out my credit card quickly enough. There were even some that were a bit buggy to work with, so they got the old heave-ho. There are perhaps several effects that I think I'd relinquish for more cost-effective ones. Though I think this board will be one to last for a long time.

The pic is one I'm happy with currently. It's one of my better pics that I learned how to take by observing some of the folks here on this forum with their photo skills. I'd guess it's stuff you learn with experience...

Last edited:
Currently, just a Tech-21 Midi-Mouse for simple channel switching, or the channel switcher for my Archon. Other than that, everything is basically on my Axe-FX or Kemper.

Kemper remote Dunlop DV3 (VOLUME) 2 MISSION EP1KP (WAH&MORPH/PITCH) MISSION SP1H9 in the loop Strymon blue sky & Eventide H9 MAX. MAY not sound like A lot but it's very powerful/portable.

The blue sky alone is a lot of fun. If I had to choose just one effect, it would be reverb...

Problem is, it’s noisy as hell and you can hear just about every switch pop when you kick something on. Might have to power it with the English high grade setup...

I had switching pops and other weird anomalies with my Zuma. Switching back to a Voodoo Labs made everything quiet again.

I hate to say it, but I think switching power supplies like the Zuma are inherently more likely to have issues than transformer power supplies. Just my two cents.

I had switching pops and other weird anomalies with my Zuma. Switching back to a Voodoo Labs made everything quiet again.

I hate to say it, but I think switching power supplies like the Zuma are inherently more likely to have issues than transformer power supplies. Just my two cents.
I’ve had great luck with voodoo labs. Do they make a flat power supply that would fit under a nano board? I know the GigRig stuff would, that’s the best I’ve used.

I’ve had great luck with voodoo labs. Do they make a flat power supply that would fit under a nano board? I know the GigRig stuff would, that’s the best I’ve used.

If you're using only a few pedals (4 or less) the Voodoo Lab Digital Power might work for you. (You'd need to check the size dimensions to be sure)

The VLDP has 6 outputs, 4 (9VDC, 400 mA) and 2 (12VDC, 400 mA). The 2 - 12V outputs are placed next to 2 - 9V outputs respectively and only either 9 or 12 VDC output can be used at any given time. The remaining 2 - 9VDC outputs are situated to each other, and can be used at any time.

Essentially you could have all 4 - 9VDC outputs, or a combination of 3 -9VDC & 1 -12VDC, or 2 - 9VDC and 2 -12VDC.

If you're using only a few pedals (4 or less) the Voodoo Lab Digital Power might work for you. (You'd need to check the size dimensions to be sure)

The VLDP has 6 outputs, 4 (9VDC, 400 mA) and 2 (12VDC, 400 mA). The 2 - 12V outputs are placed next to 2 - 9V outputs respectively and only either 9 or 12 VDC output can be used at any given time. The remaining 2 - 9VDC outputs are situated to each other, and can be used at any time.

Essentially you could have all 4 - 9VDC outputs, or a combination of 3 -9VDC & 1 -12VDC, or 2 - 9VDC and 2 -12VDC.
Thanks, Picker. I need 8 plus. I might just go with the Gigrig setup. It's bespoke every time, it works like a charm, is quiet and reliable.

I don’t actually know; my pedalboards have generally been large-ish, and I haven’t investigated smaller power supplies.

Back