What is on your pedal board

Josh Smith about the same time had a Live Lesson on TrueFire. Lots a geekery in this as well. And he is one monster guitarist.

Of course, I had to stick this in. I met both Josh and Kirk Fletcher on the Keeping The Blues Alive At Sea Cruise earlier this year. Both great guys.
IMG_2200-Edit.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion, am in the process of reviewing Josh's TrueFire downloaded lessons as well. Relatively simple and direct, a no-nonsense approach that finally addresses Josh's awesome technique and how one can find their own musical voice by employing simple practice techniques. A big round of applause for Josh's mentioning the "head, hand, heart" mindset.

You're lucky, you don't need to worry about disorganized "baggage" nor cope with extraneous stuff.

IRL, my view is one of extra "baggage" and disorganized things. Not crazy or confusing, just placed in spots that aren't dewey decimal-numbered, alphabetized, or stored with proper labeling. Kind of a challenge if one needed to know where to look for something; you couldn't locate it readily.

Perhaps that is why humans strive to live somewhat balanced and organized lives. And why I still don't work for Peanuts, because it covers both considerations.

Last edited:
Korg Pitchblack Mini>Digitech Droptone>Carl Martin Octoswitch>Digitech Freqout>TC Corona Chorus>TC Sub & Up >TC Flashback Delay>TC Spark Mini Boost >TC Flashback Delay II > custom built out/send/return patch box for a clean effects loop connection.

Last edited:
xujf1sp.jpg

This is my board at home. Crybaby in front of Boss ES-8 then if you go in the order of the loop inputs- AC boost, Pathos, the Depths, Modfactor, H9, EPH-3, Eq. Tuner not chain(tuner out jack). The ES-8 allows me to put them in any order.

My Super Switcher came with a busted switch, so I lost confidence in it and am trading it in on an ES-8. Anything I should know about it? How's it been? What gripes do you have? How's the software?

thanks!
I’ve been very happy. My only gripe is that using 4 cable method, you can’t have you effects trail(delay repeats) into your next preset. Usually this is called carryover or something. It seemingly does everything else I can think of with relative ease. Software is fine. Once you learn where everything is in the menus it’s pretty easy. There’s some good how to YouTube vids.

Found this in my subscription feed. Thanks to @LSchttps://youtu.be/-CycwOZHDt8?t=478hefman my GAS for an Eventide H9 is quite high. This video didn't help at all!

I've book-marked it at the relevant part, but the whole video is worth a watch. Pete Honore is a Danish Bryan Ewald! Oh and the guitar is pretty nice!;)

xujf1sp.jpg

This is my board at home. Crybaby in front of Boss ES-8 then if you go in the order of the loop inputs- AC boost, Pathos, the Depths, Modfactor, H9, EPH-3, Eq. Tuner not chain(tuner out jack). The ES-8 allows me to put them in any order.

Are you a lefty? (left-footed)

Are you a lefty? (left-footed)
Not really. It was a decision I made some time ago to learn to use my wah left footed. For some reason I thought it would look better on stage. Not sure if that’s true or not. It’s definitely easier to use a wah left footed while sitting down and playing at home, but that had no bearing on the initial decision. Interestingly enough, I find myself left footing most things now, which puts my switcher kinda in the wrong spot. I use both feet to switch my presets I guess. Whichever is closest.

Not really. It was a decision I made some time ago to learn to use my wah left footed. For some reason I thought it would look better on stage. Not sure if that’s true or not. It’s definitely easier to use a wah left footed while sitting down and playing at home, but that had no bearing on the initial decision. Interestingly enough, I find myself left footing most things now, which puts my switcher kinda in the wrong spot. I use both feet to switch my presets I guess. Whichever is closest.

I was just interested, thats all. As I said in my previous, I'm right-handed, but left footed for some cack-handed reason. Like you. I'm just more comfortable controlling with my left foot.

Looking back at other people's boards, theres a few Wahs that are on the left-hand side. Maybe I'm making a big deal out of this over nothing, it was just an observation.

I can't control a Wah with my right foot for toffee! But then I guess its something that could be learnt. Its just famiiiarisation. Cheers.

I was just interested, thats all. As I said in my previous, I'm right-handed, but left footed for some cack-handed reason. Like you. I'm just more comfortable controlling with my left foot.

Looking back at other people's boards, theres a few Wahs that are on the left-hand side. Maybe I'm making a big deal out of this over nothing, it was just an observation.

I can't control a Wah with my right foot for toffee! But then I guess its something that could be learnt. Its just famiiiarisation. Cheers.

Fun fact: Some folks, when they stand, favor their right leg and lean on that. For that reason, their right legs are stronger and have slightly more muscle mass. (Mine does as well, because, like some, I favor my right leg) Translated, that means when they use effects like wahs or expression pedals, their inclination is to use their left leg instead of their right, because their right legs can support their weight for greater lengths of time with less fatigue or tiring out.

Back