What is on your pedal board

I treated myself to some EBS gold flat patch cables for Xmas. I can't get over how much cleaner they made things, even on a little board like this.

BEFORE
wM6IrPBh.jpg

AFTER
m5IcZuuh.jpg

That is so cool and clean looking with the new cables!

Before:

tkaAj9E.jpg

After:

TVvkTAw.jpg

The 720 and FS3X are getting their own mini board, and the phase 95 and compressor are gone while the Cutec phaser went back in the drawer.
I'm still needing a decent compressor, loop switcher and a better power suppply. I'm also thinking about raising and tilting the back row to make it easier to access.

Kemper remote Dunlop DV3 (VOLUME) 2 MISSION EP1KP (WAH&MORPH/PITCH) MISSION SP1H9 in the loop Strymon blue sky & Eventide H9 MAX. MAY not sound like A lot but it's very powerful/portable.

I sprang for a Holeyboard Zigzag and a 1Spot CS7 during the after Xmas sales. I’m probably going to piggyback the OD from my Polytune using one of the 500ma outlets, and then run my wah on a separate adapter when the wah-wah mood strikes me.

0GqQ2IO.jpg

Bottom row will hit the front end of my Bogner Atma:
(CAE MC404 wah/buffer)
TC Polytune 2
Way Huge Saucy Box OD
Catalinbread Katzenkonig fuzzstortion
Way Huge Saffron Squeeze comp/sustainer

Top row will go through the effects loop:
MXR Phase 90
MXR M234 analog chorus
Way Huge Echo Puss analog delay
Caroline Guitars Meteore reverb

Last edited:
Korg Pitch Black
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Joyo Ultimate Drive
MXR Carbon Copy
Behringer Vintage Phase

Coming very soon... Digitech Whammy IV

That darn Whammy pedal is too big. Until I get, or build, a new board it will merely be pedal board adjacent. Speaking of, I think I need a fuzz pedal.

Geetar>
Korg Pitchblack Custom Tuner>
Orange Furcoat Fuzz>
Orange Kongpressor>
Orange Two Stroke EQ>
into front of amp
Whirlwind Orange Box Phaser>
MXR Carbon Copy Delay>
MXR M300 Reverb>
into effects loop
Pedaltrain Classic Jr
Truetone CS7

PB-2.jpg

I was running out of room on my small board so just got a pedaltrain.
Before; (mix of some cheap and some decent pedals)
1t0hgw.jpg

After; (also replaced a few pedals in the months since the first pic. Now I have tons of room for new pedals and my amp foot switch. ...unfortunately will need to upgrade power supply as it only supports 8)
dh3kur.jpg

I was running out of room on my small board so just got a pedaltrain.
Before; (mix of some cheap and some decent pedals)
1t0hgw.jpg

After; (also replaced a few pedals in the months since the first pic. Now I have tons of room for new pedals and my amp foot switch. ...unfortunately will need to upgrade power supply as it only supports 8)
dh3kur.jpg

There’s nothing like a little extra space on a pedalboard that yells, “Fill these spaces up with more stuff,” in your brain.

It’s like having extra rack spaces in a studio. It can lead to madness and poverty. ;)

I used as my touring board for 20 years a pedalboards.com travel board, they makes/made custom built boards. (This was before there was anyone else actually making custom boards)

But I always hated that it would lie flat, as I had issues reaching my pedals the way I wanted while I was on stage. So I ended up building my own out of wood, and angled with foot risers it so it gave me easier access.
Also trimmed about 5 pedals off the board, as I found as I get older, less is more. I still have a bunch, but this is my working every gig board for the last 3 years.
(I added back my Qtron auto-wah since this pic ;))

95j7RKF.jpg

I used as my touring board for 20 years a pedalboards.com travel board, they makes/made custom built boards. (This was before there was anyone else actually making custom boards)

But I always hated that it would lie flat, as I had issues reaching my pedals the way I wanted while I was on stage. So I ended up building my own out of wood, and angled with foot risers it so it gave me easier access.
Also trimmed about 5 pedals off the board, as I found as I get older, less is more. I still have a bunch, but this is my working every gig board for the last 3 years.
(I added back my Qtron auto-wah since this pic ;))

95j7RKF.jpg

Another sweetie!

Ok this has taken some time to be finished-ish, but it’s as close as it going to be in its first configuration!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sDjTxcSwTMD9hHMp7

The board is mostly populated with budget pedals as I’m new to this, well it was about 30 years ago when I last had one!

I especially like that the power unit is hidden under the top shelf that is hinged.

There is a patch bay that can be used with either guitar into lead or wireless receiver. Also facility for send and return to fx loop and a separate input for the channel footswitch to my Mesa amp.

Any comments/suggestions are welcome.

I recently re-watched “That Pedal Show” Simon McBride edition. He has some beautiful sounds, however I populated my board for the cost of his delay/reverb pedal, which I must say is lush!

Oh well maybe one day.

Last edited:
Ok this has taken some time to be finished-ish, but it’s as close as it going to be in its first configuration!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sDjTxcSwTMD9hHMp7

The board is mostly populated with budget pedals as I’m new to this, well it was about 30 years ago when I last had one!

I especially like that the power unit is hidden under the top shelf that is hinged.

There is a patch bay that can be used with either guitar into lead or wireless receiver. Also facility for send and return to fx loop and a separate input for the channel footswitch to my Mesa amp.

Any comments/suggestions are welcome.

I recently re-watched “That Pedal Show” Simon McBride edition. He has some beautiful sounds, however I populated my board for the cost of his delay/reverb pedal, which I must say is lush!

Oh well maybe one day.

You did such a killer job on your board, and now that you have so much luxurious room, I suggest you get some large and very expensive pedals to do it justice. :)

“But I like what’s on there now.”

“I’m sorry, that’s impossible. There’s room for more stuff, and when a guitar player leaves room for more stuff, that guitar player wants and needs more stuff.”

“No seriously, I feel no urge to suddenly go out and waste money on large and expensive pedals.”

“Alnus, concentrate on the swinging watch hanging from the chain in my hand...yes that’s it...you’re getting sleepy, very sleepy...concentrate on the watch...”

You did such a killer job on your board, and now that you have so much luxurious room, I suggest you get some large and very expensive pedals to do it justice. :)

“But I like what’s on there now.”

“I’m sorry, that’s impossible. There’s room for more stuff, and when a guitar player leaves room for more stuff, that guitar player wants and needs more stuff.”

“No seriously, I feel no urge to suddenly go out and waste money on large and expensive pedals.”

“Alnus, concentrate on the swinging watch hanging from the chain in my hand...yes that’s it...you’re getting sleepy, very sleepy...concentrate on the watch...”

Oh great and wise Scheffatiti, I will obey.....zzzzzzz! ;)

Back