What is Goldtop listening to?

james

Administrator
Staff member
Going through my Record Store Day purchases, listening to the "Eight Trails, One Path" compilation of solo acoustic guitar from Three Lobed records. Great stuff!

What's on your record player/iPod right now?

Re: What are you listening to?

I've been listening to the new Janes Addiction a lot lately. It's really grown on me.

[youtube:2cmy1hin]58mv4sP-4TU[/youtube:2cmy1hin]

I'm currently splitting my time between Alter Bridge, Dream Theater, Jane's Addiction and Machine Head as well as a bit of Brad Paisly as my curve ball :cool:

I've spent the last week, learning a couple AB songs (Ties that bind, wonderful life, Ghost of Days gone by and Rise today) and am contemplating nailing the solo to Tornado of souls by Megadeth which has bugged me a couple yrs now..

I've been listening to a lot of Beethoven.

Interesting historical note: Beethoven became deaf when he was bending down to help fix a bad cable on Mozart's pedal board, and had his head right in front of the bass player's speaker cab; the bass player (Haydn) didn't see him, cranked his amp, and hit a really loud note...

After that, Beethoven was so concerned about his rapidly failing hearing that he played only acoustic gigs from then on.

The voices in my head. :mrgreen:

Going to give Walter Trout's "Blues For the Modern Daze" another listen....he will be playing alot of those songs when I see him tonight.

A lot of Joe Bonamassa. I just love his phrasing and runs, and just tone in general. Funny thing is you listen to him talk in an interview, you would never in a million years guess his singing voice sounds the way it does.

Just got the Beacon Theatre DVD too, and is rockin. I love John Hiatt's guest performance on there as well.

James Elmore, Muddy & Johnny Winter X eyed cat . . . Jimi H and some Guns N Roses . . . (the 90's ones with Slash ) . . .

Cant stop listening to Warren Haynes .... Man in Motion Album!....and he is using PRS AMPS too!!

Grilling a beer can chicken and listening to Real Estate's self titled album.

Tip: those big Fosters cans look like a good base for a beer can chicken, but they're just tall enough that it won't fit under a standard charcoal Weber lid.

Most recent:
AIC
Clutch
Fear Factory
Gov't Mule
Lamb of God
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Queensryche
:mrgreen:

I've been on a Alejandro Escovedo kick recently. Ok it's not recent, but I find myself going back to him frequently.

I'm listening to the voices in my head...

285762866.jpg

Jamie

francric said:
Sixx: A.M. - This Is Gonna Hurt

+1, Great Album!!! Ashba is an incredible guitarist!

As for me, I can't seem to get the Puscifer CDs out of my players or off my iPod...

Last edited:
Back