What is Goldtop listening to?

Good Saturday morning to you GTL! Man that stinks! This world can be a harsh, nasty and unjust place at times, without a doubt. No it's not fair or right at all! I for one feel your pain man.:mad:

A few days ago, I was on a rant to the Ginger Goddess, after a tiff with a neighbor over something petty as usual. I told her I was ready to move a cave in the middle of the woods! She quickly reminded me that said caves, have no electricity, and that I would really lose it, if I didn't have my "precious" music, my guitar or the old interwebs...then told me I was crazy and asked WTF I was doing walking through the house with my shoes on (it's a thing)...yeah, so I decided against the cave idea. ONLY because without music and or acess to it, I would be completely lost.

When things get really crappy, music and making it (or at least attempting to poorly) that calms my savage beast...it has and will continue to be the most wonderful thing in this crazy world IMHO!

Unfortunately, there will always be a$$holes. They are a fact of life. Just like music, they can have a profound impact on us...the good news is...also just like music, we can turn them off or change the song to something we enjoy listening to instead.

Hang in there bud, don't let em get to ya! If they try, just do what I do...throw on the cans crank up some tunes and go to your happy place OR listen to a little Pantera and start your own one man mosh pit!

Here's a little of my favorite uber-aggressive aggro. Its got a great beat and you can mosh to it..:confused::mad::D

Last edited:
The worse things get in my life, the more troubles that raise their ugly heads, the more I crave things like this. The Great Les Paul and Billy from The ZZ Tops live in NYC. Warning: Some of Mr. Paul's language is off-color. Just a word here and there.

Goldtop Lloyd

Hope everything works out for you LG! Hang tough forum brother!
Thank you. It's become apparent that they're trying to evict me for whatever reason(s). But I'm not about to go without a fight. I've lived here nearly eleven years and have never had any sort of problem until this current manager and maint. staff came in. I had high hopes that this mgr. would be a good one, but her telling me what I am allowed to think or say is discouraging to say the least.

Lloyd

Good Saturday morning to you GTL! Man that stinks! This world can be a harsh, nasty and unjust place at times, without a doubt. No it's not fair or right at all! I for one feel your pain man.:mad:
When things get really crappy, music and making it (or at least attempting to poorly) that calms my savage beast...it has and will continue to be the most wonderful thing in this crazy world IMHO!
Unfortunately, there will always be a$$holes. They are a fact of life. Just like music, they can have a profound impact on us...the good news is...also just like music, we can turn them off or change the song to something we enjoy listening to instead.
Hang in there bud, don't let em get to ya! If they try, just do what I do...throw on the cans crank up some tunes and go to your happy place...

Thanks for that. I'm the same way; music helps make just about everything better, including the threat of homelessness. I've faced it before, but it was over finances rather than this sort of ugliness. I'm not beaten yet.

Lloyd/Goldtop

Staying with Mr. Paul, here he is with Chet Atkins from one of their duet albums. This is "Meditation". Can you imagine what these two may be doing tonight? I'd love to hear it.

Goldtop

P.S. - For anyone interested, the documentary "Les Paul: Chasing Sound" airs this week on the AXS network.

Hi everybody. It's Saturday night 5-26-2018 as I write this. It's been quite a while since I posted anything. I hope you are all doing well.

I'm still having problems with the management of the apartments where I live. I really need a lawyer, but so far I haven't been able to find one to help me. If things don't change, I expect to be homeless soon. But living in my pickup will be an improvement over what I'm dealing with now.

I've spent the last week in the hospital. I went to the ER last Saturday afternoon, and I got to come home last night. I'm wiped out but glad to be home. I was so fortunate because I was blessed with the greatest, most giving, most caring staff. To a person, they were all amazing, and I'm very thankful to them all. One of my nurses had a husband who was also into guitars and played at their church, and before you knew it we had our phones out. He was a PRS guy too, but she had no idea what he had, only that 'it has these bird things on it'. BINGO!!! Problem was she only had baby pictures in her phone, while I had beautiful PRS guitars in mine. :)

I've been too long without some music, so I'm posting some tonight. Nothing fancy; just stuff I like. I hope you're each having a good, music-filled weekend.

This is the late, great Vern Gosdin doing "Dim Lights, Thick Smoke, and Loud, Loud Music". Saturday Night Honky Tonk! Check out those fiddles.

Goldtop Lloyd

This is Kacey Musgraves and Willie Nelson doing Mr. Nelson's "Are You Sure?".

Goldtop LPC

P.S. - Don't forget Trigger!

Oh Yeah. One of my All Time Favorites. Gladys Knight and The Pips (live on The Midnight Special no less!) doing "Neither One of Us". She has such an amazing ache in her voice, a longing, a resignation... I love it.

Goldtop Lloyd

Hi Lloyd! Sorry to hear about the hospitalization, but glad to hear you're feeling better. I have some stuff to send you, but since you hadn't been around, I held off reaching out. Nothing huge, but I'll chat w/you about it after Experience.

Hi Lloyd! Sorry to hear about the hospitalization, but glad to hear you're feeling better. I have some stuff to send you, but since you hadn't been around, I held off reaching out. Nothing huge, but I'll chat w/you about it after Experience.
Hi Alan.

It's good to hear from you I hope you and your family are doing well.

We'll talk later, but please don't go to any trouble. I just want you and my friends here to be safe and happy and healthy. I've always wanted to go to The Experience, but I've never made it. Have a great time.

Lloyd

Hi Alan.

It's good to hear from you I hope you and your family are doing well.

We'll talk later, but please don't go to any trouble. I just want you and my friends here to be safe and happy and healthy. I've always wanted to go to The Experience, but I've never made it. Have a great time.

Lloyd

Zero trouble, I assure you.

Back