What is Goldtop listening to?

Oh, Baby! Guitar time! Albert King (with Miss Lucy) and Gary Moore (with Greeny) doing "Stormy Monday". Over 10 minutes of Bluesy Goodness. My volume setting suggestion? Do you have to ask?!?

Goldtop LPC

Just reading the description instantly made me thing of this, but I was too tired to look it up last night. I can't believe it's been about six years since I saw this the first time, and it still gets me every time.

How lucky are we to have the gift of music?

Alan, thanks for that so much man! It never ceases to amaze me how powerful music truly is. Heres one example of that power I personally witnessed. Sorry its so long.

I inherited a genuine love and appreciation for music from my father. My dad was direct, serious and very a shrewed business man. He was always the epitome of a gentleman, but when provoked could become a terrifiying force to be reckoned with. On the exterior, he was quite intimidating to most. However, when he listened to music something shifted him the second it hit his ears. His sometmes dark, cold and intimidating personality just vanished and he became peaceful, calm and venerable instantly.

Hanging out listening to music one day we had a "moment." We always had a great conection, but never until that "moment", had we connected on what seemed like, such a cellular level...as you might guess the catalyst for that deep connection was music.

I had never seen my father shed even a single tear in my 40 years. On that day. I went to visit him and give him a CD that I had burned for him to listen to during Chemo. As we listening to the lyrics of one song, I witnessed him let go of the tears he had hidden from me my entire life. Its was truly a beautiful thing to see and I'll never forget it. I have the most wonderful memories connected to the music on that CD. I still have that CD but even if something were to happen to it. I will always have and treasure those special memories. The most poinient of those memories will forever be, listening, discussing and feeling the emotions provided by the greatest and most powerful gift I have ever known...music.

Everything and everyone in this world will leave us eventually, but when all else is lost, the gift of music is something that will always be with me. For me at least, there is great comfort and peace in knowing that. Sorry I've rambled on but thanks again for sharing this.

Last edited:
More guitar. (Imagine that!) Here are two things from Ana Popovic.

On her background, etc..

Doing "She Was a Doorman".

Goldtop

P.S. - Watching these videos make me realize I need to work on my pedal setup. And my practicing. :mad:

I need to take a personal moment here if I might. Hopefully this will be alright. If not, someone please let me know.

Several days ago I placed an order through the PRS Store. Long story short, I thought there might have been a problem so I called to speak to someone in person. The lady that answered (Julie or Julia ???) put me in touch with a fella named Matt. Folks, I have never dealt with a nicer guy anywhere. He not only cleared up my problem, he ended up helping me do another order. I'm a big guy and I need a big shirt, and Matt went far out of his way to help me get what I needed. Several days and several calls later, I'm the proud owner of some great PRS shirts.

Matt and the way he worked to help me is just one more reason why I Love PRS Guitars!

Thank you Matt!

Lloyd/Goldtop

P.S. - By comparison, one day last week I called a place in a Western state (that's all the mention they'll get from me) to order some items. The woman I spoke to there acted as if I had kicked her dog. Guess who didn't get any of my business...

MANY thanks to Brother Marty Stuart and The Fabulous Superlatives for this one on rerun on RFD this morning. "99 and 1/2 Won't Do".

Goldtop Lloyd

Last edited:
One year ago today Mr. Chuck Berry left us. Thankfully, his music stayed right where it belongs. "Roll Over Beethoven"!

Goldtop

I need to take a personal moment here if I might. Hopefully this will be alright. If not, someone please let me know.

Several days ago I placed an order through the PRS Store. Long story short, I thought there might have been a problem so I called to speak to someone in person. The lady that answered (Julie or Julia ???) put me in touch with a fella named Matt. Folks, I have never dealt with a nicer guy anywhere. He not only cleared up my problem, he ended up helping me do another order. I'm a big guy and I need a big shirt, and Matt went far out of his way to help me get what I needed. Several days and several calls later, I'm the proud owner of some great PRS shirts.

Matt and the way he worked to help me is just one more reason why I Love PRS Guitars!

Thank you Matt!

Lloyd/Goldtop

P.S. - By comparison, one day last week I called a place in a Western state (that's all the mention they'll get from me) to order some items. The woman I spoke to there acted as if I had kicked her dog. Guess who didn't get any of my business...
Loving Cynthia Robinson on Trumpet!

Happy Birthday to Mr. Charley Pride. He turns 84 today. This was his first single after Chet Atkins got him signed with RCA. "The Snakes Crawl at Night".

Goldtop - I had some snake boots once, but they scared my pet monkey so I didn't wear them much. (100% True)

Ahhh, Vanessa Williams. I repeat: Ahhh, Vanessa Williams. She was born on this date in 1963. Tell me something: I'm only about a year older than her, yet she looks like that while I look like your drunk uncle on Thanksgiving evening. Whathappened?!?!

This is "Save the Best For Last".

Goldtop LPC

Note to VW: I'm savin' it, but you better get a move on. Modern medical science can only keep me going so long...

P.S. - Weird Goldtop Trivia Time. He has a 'thing' for women with widow's peaks IF they're done well (think Bobbi Fleckman). And Vanessa's is indeed done well.

Last edited:
Suzy Quatro on some lip-sync thingie doing "If You Can't Give Me Love". I read somewhere that to make her nifty silver suit took an entire roll of Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil. Wild, huh?

Goldtop Foil

Last edited:
Our Father doing "Memphis Tennessee" for The BBC. Not the greatest of endings, but with CB you knew the drill - what you got is what you got.

Goldtop

Mr. Berry Live (sort of). In my opinion, if you want a definition of American Rock & Roll, here it is. Look at the girls... Most of them get it, and the ones who don't don't matter. God Bless America!

"Back in The U.S.A."

Goldtop LPC - Proud American

Back