What is Goldtop listening to?

Lee Ann Womack doing "I Keep Forgetting". The Great Vince Gill on harmony vocals and lead guitar (?). How I miss the days when so much of Country Music was like this...

Goldtop

Jimmy Webb and Glen Campbell. What an incredible combination they were. This is "Galveston".

Goldtop Lloyd

P.S. - Obscure Goldtop Trivia Time. One of the best days I've ever had was in Galveston. I had just about decided to end my marriage, and one day I told her I needed to get away for a few days. (She didn't care either way nor did I expect her to.) So I rented a car and headed South. I was going to spend a few days driving around Texas enjoying the peace and quiet, taking stock and all of that. One morning I woke up in Houston, hit some sights, then headed on down to Galveston. I spent the day there by the water, and in the late afternoon I realized I was getting hungry. I hadn't eaten for a couple of days but food had never even crossed my mind. So I pulled into a Sonic drive in right across from the Gulf. I sat there watching the waves, listening to them come ashore, and watching the sun set in the distance. I had a dinner of corn dogs and pink lemonade. (I've always enjoyed fine dining.) :rolleyes: It was a day that changed my life in more ways than I could count, and I'll never forget it. I'm still thankful I was given that day.

England Dan Seals minus 'England' and John Ford Coley. This is "Everything That Glitters Is Not Gold".

Goldtop Lloyd

P.S. - Get a load of the heavy hitters in this video. Willie, Waylon, Bare, Gene Watson, T. Graham, Joe Stampley, Crystal Gayle, Janie Fricke, Glen Campbell, Chet Atkins, Roy Clark, Barbara Fairchild, B.J. Thomas, The Geezinslaws, Lorrie Morgan... Wow.

Last edited:
Folks, please allow me to ask a favor of you. If you never look at another post of mine, please look at this one. I think this video is so incredible, and you may feel the same way after watching it.

I don't remember what year this was filmed, but at the time Chet Atkins was growing older and was having health problems. When the host Ralph Emery brought up the idea of Chet and Barbara Fairchild doing this song together, you could see in her eyes that she wasn't sure about it at all. She was worried that Chet might not be up to it. But once he got his guitar in his hands, the years and problems started fading away. Barbara could see it, and so could several of the other people there. They both did a fine job.

This video shows the magic that music and guitars bring to the lives of people like us, and I think we're all Blessed because of it.

Barbara Fairchild and Chet Atkins doing "Vincent".

Goldtop Lloyd

Saturday morning. I've got a semi-emergency here. I got up this morning, got around, went to the fridge to get my caffeine fix, and I'm out! No Cokes?!? Say it ain't so! Cold water is fine, but some days I need a stronger eye opener than plain water can provide, so off to the store I go for supplies.

Hall & Oates - "Say It Isn't So".

Goldtop - G.E. Smith Fan. RIP Gilda.

England Dan Seals minus 'England' and John Ford Coley. This is "Everything That Glitters Is Not Gold".

Goldtop Lloyd

P.S. - Get a load of the heavy hitters in this video. Willie, Waylon, Bare, Gene Watson, T. Graham, Joe Stampley, Crystal Gayle, Janie Fricke, Glen Campbell, Chet Atkins, Roy Clark, Barbara Fairchild, B.J. Thomas, The Geezinslaws, Lorrie Morgan... Wow.
Hope you don’t mind me crashing your thread again.

Older brother Jim, with a tune from my misspent youth -

Hope you don’t mind me crashing your thread again.

Older brother Jim, with a tune from my misspent youth -

Please do. It's not my thread; it just happens to have my name on it because of an act of kindness. Everybody is welcome to post here.

Nice tune. I love music from those days. Showing my age I guess...

Goldtop

One of my favorite players, Mr Jimmy Herring. Just in case any of us haven't seen this video. JH + PRS = :)

Goldtop LPC

Thanks to you my friend. I know I can get emotional about things like that video, but the power of music is just so amazing to me. I can't imagine my life without it.

Lloyd

Just reading the description instantly made me thing of this, but I was too tired to look it up last night. I can't believe it's been about six years since I saw this the first time, and it still gets me every time.

How lucky are we to have the gift of music?

Just reading the description instantly made me thing of this, but I was too tired to look it up last night. I can't believe it's been about six years since I saw this the first time, and it still gets me every time.

How lucky are we to have the gift of music?

Alan,

I can't thank you enough for sharing that video. That is so beautiful.

Lloyd

Whew! Disaster averted. I've restocked my supply of Cokes and I'm set for the weekend. And I even got a hug and a kiss from a good looking lady in the process. I went to a nearby pharmacy that had a good sale going and ran into one of my favorite employees from the place. Her hours changed recently and I haven't seen her in months, but today was my lucky day. She's a sweetheart in spite of the fact that she moved here from West Virginia! ;) (Just kidding, Becky.)

Somehow this tune popped into my mind earlier, so here goes - Judas Priest and "United".

Goldtop

Back