What is Goldtop listening to?

Re: What are you listening to?

^^^^^^^^^^ Intesting. Just came here to say I am listening to Santana's new Album right now too. Very interesting arrange of sounds. Almost all instrumental! :)

Brazil's own O Rappa (pronounced "Oh Hoppa") Even if you don't speak Portuguese, they are still an entertaining band and PRS lovers! :)

[youtube:hsnldcp4]qvKT4IS6gRI[/youtube:hsnldcp4]

I love this band. If my copy of 7 Vezes were analog, I'd have worn it out!

I can't even see the album cover without singing the opening lines to Meu Santo Tá Cansado...

"oh na na na, oh, na na na..." :cool:

Once upon a time in on an island FAR away, I would rock an O Rappa DVD for some very special customers.

Somehow I've been listening to new bands that sound like they belong in the 70s a lot and I'm pretty sure most of their audience weren't around then.
Mumford and Sons just isn't getting tired for me - more refined than the real 70s
Sheepdogs might get stale, but you have to like a band that would record in Saskatchewan and they've been good fun so far - much better vocabulary than the real 70s

Going through some 7 inchers

- MIke Watt/Chuck Dukowski Sextet from this year's Record Store Day
- Eddy Current Suppression Ring - You Let Me Be Honest With You/We'll Be Turned On (AWESOME)
- Wand - Haunting The Stagecoach
- Broken Water - Normal Never Happened/Faux King Vogue
- Zu - Observing The Armies In The Battlefield
- Bardo Pond - Just Once/Don't Know About You

Today at work:
Django Reinhardt: JSP post-war recordings, disc b
Wes Montgomery: Road Song
Black Crowes: Twice as Hard

Now:
Barney Kessel: Let's Cook! (my favorite of his recordings)

Steve Earle and Del McCoury Band

"I laid my last ten dollars down, though I didn't need a thing
Just to touch sweet Carrie Brown as she handed me my change"

Last edited by a moderator:
Cracktheskye.jpg

CT - Sick Man of Europe

To me, one of the most underrated guitarists AND bands ever.

Goldtop

Texas Troubadour Joe Ely accompanied by the great David Grissom playing a Standard 24.

The sound quality is not great, but still a fantastic performance by David and Joe. I've always wanted to learn to play these two solos, but I'm too embarrassed to ask David for a lesson. :)

Texas Troubadour Joe Ely accompanied by the great David Grissom playing a Standard 24.

The sound quality is not great, but still a fantastic performance by David and Joe. I've always wanted to learn to play these two solos, but I'm too embarrassed to ask David for a lesson. :)

Shawn,

I'm jealous! I can only imagine the greats you've dealt with over the years. I'd love to meet David and talk guitars/music/whatever for a few minutes, but I'd be embarrassed to ask for a lesson too.

Here's what's I've got playing today...

Goldtop

Back