What is Goldtop listening to?

Can someone walk me me through the process of posting videos directly vs. posting up a link. Did not see it in the FAQ. Thanks!

Good stuff here.

The way I do it:
Find a post with a video in it.
Hit "Reply with quote"
Go to youtube and copy the "embed" file you want to share
Paste this into your reply and copy the obvious differences from the "quoted" video

Can someone walk me me through the process of posting videos directly vs. posting up a link. Did not see it in the FAQ. Thanks!

Good stuff here.

Here's how I do it:

If I happen to be watching a YouTube clip, I copy and cut the URL of it. Then, I come here and login, choose the correct topic, hit 'reply to thread'. That moves me down to the text box at the bottom of the page. I write a comment (or not), then I hit the icon for 'Insert Video'. Paste the URL in the popup screen, hit 'ok', finish my post, and hit 'quick reply'. Done.

My way is the old fashioned way, but it works for me.

Goldtop

aha, I hadn't updated my editor so the editing tool bar was not showing up. Things are much easier now. :)

Here's how I do it:

If I happen to be watching a YouTube clip, I copy and cut the URL of it. Then, I come here and login, choose the correct topic, hit 'reply to thread'. That moves me down to the text box at the bottom of the page. I write a comment (or not), then I hit the icon for 'Insert Video'. Paste the URL in the popup screen, hit 'ok', finish my post, and hit 'quick reply'. Done.

My way is the old fashioned way, but it works for me.

Goldtop

Huge +1. I'm a big fan of Tom petty and this is one of my favorites of his!
I was in college when Wildflowers came out, and had an hour commute each way. I went through a couple copies of the cassette, and I know Ive bought the cd at least twice. This song has my favorite line, I used it often when my son was born, "Im so tired of being tired"...

If what I said was of any help to anybody, then that's great. I just figured that my way was the antiquated 'too many steps' way. If anything on my screen was updated for me it was simply my pure dumb luck and good fortune, along with the quality of the technology in place! :p

Goldtop

I was in college when Wildflowers came out, and had an hour commute each way. I went through a couple copies of the cassette, and I know Ive bought the cd at least twice. This song has my favorite line, I used it often when my son was born, "Im so tired of being tired"...

Please count me in as a big Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers fan. "Southern Accents" is one of my absolute favorite albums. IMO, they're some of the best songwriters (and musicians) to ever come along. 'With one foot in the grave, and one foot on the pedal; I was born a Rebel.' Holy Moses. This song gives me chills every single time I hear it.

Goldtop

Last edited by a moderator:

kind of weird hearing vocals on an Oren Ambarchi album, but I like it

Got this in the mail today.Featuring a 29-year old Allan Holdsworth....amazing!

From the new (as of a couple of weeks ago) ZZ Top EP.

Goldtop

Dallas Green was the guitar player for a big Canadian hardcore band called alexisonfire. His solo stuff, City and Colour, is one of the few gems of my generation. Most angelic vocals and beautiful guitar compositions.

Dallas Green was the guitar player for a big Canadian hardcore band called alexisonfire. His solo stuff, City and Colour, is one of the few gems of my generation. Most angelic vocals and beautiful guitar compositions.

I have the "Little Hell" album and really enjoy it. I typically like it when punk guys get a little older and let their mellower sides show.

A short way into this, Frankee hops on an SE. He's done alot of great demos with that guitar...

I have the "Little Hell" album and really enjoy it. I typically like it when punk guys get a little older and let their mellower sides show.

Yeah man I hear ya - I have to admit though what won my heart and encouraged me to look more into Dallas himself was the first time I heard this song. Throughout the whole song he adds his clean vocals and its..... flawless (for me). Like in the begining when he starts singing over the fat drum sound I literally said "damn" outloud hahah The real kicker is that he can actually pull his vocals off live too, unlike a lot of people who seem to enjoy "studio magic" nowadays :(

Back