[youtube:2bfiw2uj]vKZ-eKBJ9dw[/youtube:2bfiw2uj]

Re: What are you listening to?

[youtube:3qos4szo]AkFqg5wAuFk[/youtube:3qos4szo]

[youtube:3qos4szo]iaysTVcounI[/youtube:3qos4szo]

[youtube:3qos4szo]LoF_a0-7xVQ[/youtube:3qos4szo]

Hans said:
Pantera - Walk

Funny you should post that - the new firmware for the AxeFX II came out and I tonematched WALK - and its so unreal I can't stop giggling as I play haha

Ween - B-Sides, Demos & Rarities Vol 2

ween.jpg

Glad to see there's some folks listening to the heavy stuff, too!

DISTORT6 said:
Glad to see there's some folks listening to the heavy stuff, too!

\m/ :lol: \m/

When you think about it, Paul got his true starts by endorsing heavy players. I mean Howard Leese and Carlos Santana ripppppped! :twisted:

It's relative, I suppose. Each era has their own "Heavy." I don't think Carlos ever conjured the beast like Mastodon - or my man QCG.

YouTube Motor City 5 (MC5) "Kick Out The Jams." Those guys were were pretty heavy for the era.

Hans said:
It's relative, I suppose. Each era has their own "Heavy." I don't think Carlos ever conjured the beast like Mastodon - or my man QCG.

YouTube Motor City 5 (MC5) "Kick Out The Jams." Those guys were were pretty heavy for the era.

True but I mean there really wasn't a Mastodon or Metallica heavy group in the late 60s, was there? So I think he was pretty heavy for his time. You can tell because apparently parents didn't like their kids listening to him :lol:

Lately it's anything featuring Jimmy Herring, particularly the recent 'Wood Tour' stuff with Widespread Panic. He and Warren Haynes are my guitar gods.

MTrip said:
Lately it's anything featuring Jimmy Herring, particularly the recent 'Wood Tour' stuff with Widespread Panic. He and Warren Haynes are my guitar gods.

Listen to as many Phil Lesh & Friends shows as you can with Herring, Haynes, Molo, Barraco & Lesh....early 2000's.

themike said:
Hans said:

True but I mean there really wasn't a Mastodon or Metallica heavy group in the late 60s, was there? So I think he was pretty heavy for his time. You can tell because apparently parents didn't like their kids listening to him :lol:

[youtube:1t9s3x89]zBfCzhYbWBk[/youtube:1t9s3x89]

close

[youtube:1t9s3x89]NZyVZFJGX5g[/youtube:1t9s3x89]

tdarian said:
MTrip said:

Listen to as many Phil Lesh & Friends shows as you can with Herring, Haynes, Molo, Barraco & Lesh....early 2000's.
You betcha, I've actually got that entire Beacon run on DVD. :D
Wish I could've seen the recent PLQ 'reunion' shows at Terrapin Crossroads though... :cry:

I've been listening to a lot of All That Remains and This Town Needs Guns lately. All That Remains is a metal band with great percussive rhythm sensibilities and fluid lead word. This Town Needs Guns is a more eclectic math rock band with intricate double capo'd alternate tuned guitar work. Two polar opposites of the music spectrum but brilliant groups in their own right.

All That Remains "For We Are Many"
http://youtu.be/qWMTEpXjJuo?hd=1

This Town Needs Guns "Lemur"
http://youtu.be/GkC5fcr_SS8

OsirisProtocol said:
I've been listening to a lot of All That Remains and This Town Needs Guns lately.
Thanks for the recommendations - I'm really digging This Town Needs Guns (and immediately picked up 'Animals') but I just can't cope with the Cookie Monster vocals from All That Remains.... :eek:

MTrip said:
OsirisProtocol said:
I've been listening to a lot of All That Remains and This Town Needs Guns lately.
Thanks for the recommendations - I'm really digging This Town Needs Guns (and immediately picked up 'Animals') but I just can't cope with the Cookie Monster vocals from All That Remains.... :eek:
Fair enough. The vocals really aren't for everyone and I can respect that. Glad your digging TTNG. I'm looking forward to their new album dropping.

OsirisProtocol said:

Thats really funny you mention them, I was hanging with Jeanie for pretty much all of last weekend. Mike also nerded out for a little bit about PRS when I showed him my redone Cu22 :lol: :lol:

LSchefman said:
I've been listening to a lot of Beethoven.

Interesting historical note: Beethoven became deaf when he was bending down to help fix a bad cable on Mozart's pedal board, and had his head right in front of the bass player's speaker cab; the bass player (Haydn) didn't see him, cranked his amp, and hit a really loud note...

After that, Beethoven was so concerned about his rapidly failing hearing that he played only acoustic gigs from then on.

I seem to recall this bit of historical fact from my Classical Period lecture back in school.

themike said:
OsirisProtocol said:

Thats really funny you mention them, I was hanging with Jeanie for pretty much all of last weekend. Mike also nerded out for a little bit about PRS when I showed him my redone Cu22 :lol: :lol:

Clearly I need to hang out with you. :D

Back