What is Goldtop listening to?

Some ZZ live. "Just Got Paid Today". They're coming here in May and I checked on tickets; the H/C seat I need is over $100! That's ridiculous in my opinion. A small (2400-ish) auditorium, and handicapped seats are over a hundred bucks?! That is a lot of money in my world. And the worst part is that at almost all of the other dates on the tour - including those in Texas - the prices are roughly half of what they are here. Maybe next time...

Goldtop Lloyd

No sleep tonight. I guess you could say I'm talking some things over with The Lord. I'm sending this one to Him. Tom Jones and Seasick Steve doing "You Got To Move". Or "You Gotta Move". Good either way.

Goldtop LPC

Good old Gary Stewart (RIP). He hit No. 1 with this one. Too bad I didn't have a juke box business!

"She's Acting Single".

Goldtop

Alan,

What a great story. A few weeks ago I saw a Cyndi Lauper gig on Austin City Limits and I thought it was cool. Nice mix of her own songs and covers. I really liked her doing "I Want to Be A Cowboy's Sweetheart" with a giant stickhorse. Too Cool!

I've always been too easily embarrassed. It's not as bad as it was when I was younger, but the waiting room thing may be the worst ever.

LPC

That's the tour we saw her on, supporting her album of country covers, "Detour". Excellent album, and she's still got the voice. Some great song choices on that album. THE highlight of the night, to my surprise, was her cover of Roy Orbison's "I Drove All Night". Not a new cover, to be sure, and I'm very familiar with her version (I loved the video for it, especially when they projected the car on her body - so sensual w/o being exploitative). What I didn't expect was that she'd get a standing ovation for it, especially only three songs in. And it was not a gradual standing ovation - it was instant and it hit like a sledgehammer. I have that ACL show on the DVR - just want to make sure I can watch it all and play it loud.

Official video:

From ACL:

Good Monday Morning everybody. I hope you're all doing well. Please have a good day and a great week!

I haven't posted anything in a couple of weeks or so; busy with life. Everybody knows how that goes.

I saw on the news this morning that the WWE had a proposal last night. John Cena asked Nikki Bella to marry him. So on a personal note, and speaking not only as a fan but a male fan, I offer the following:

Mr. Cena, I like you. I admire and respect you. The work you do, both in and out of the ring, is amazing. Your involvement with Make-A-Wish and other charities is common knowledge and is to be commended. In my opinion you are in a class by yourself, and rightfully so. Therefore, it is with all due respect and admiration that I offer you the following advice in the most sincere way possible:

Prenuptial Agreement. In Stone.

Godspeed, Mr. Cena.

J. Geils doing - you guessed it - "Love Stinks".

Goldtop Lloyd - One Man's Opinion

Last edited:
A new day, a new week, a new month. New Hope. New Opportunity. Today is a great day, and we are gonna make it happen. Here's to us, Folks!

Mr. Johnny Cash and "She Used to Love Me A Lot".

Goldtop Lloyd - Today means I'm one day closer to the PRS of my dreams. That 'someday' is coming!

Earlier this morning I mentioned that it's gonna be a good day. Mine is off to a good start so far, and I hope yours is too.

I'm thinking about my future PRS today. I don't know how or when, but someway and someday it will happen. It may be a DGT, it may be a 594, it may be single cut or double cut, it may be a natural finish or a goldtop or ??? But no matter what... It's gonna be great!

Here's one of my favorite PRS players - Pat Travers. A live version of "Born Under a Bad Sign" from Daryl's House.

Goldtop Lloyd

Wednesday already. Wow. I lost Tuesday somehow... Have a great day today everybody!

Monday I talked about the PRS guitar(s) I'm always dreaming about buying. I had a close call with one that evening - sort of. I found a used DGT Goldtop for sale. Good price, and by the pics it looked spotless. Great!

Two problems, though. First of all, I didn't have enough money saved to get it. I put back a little every month, but I've got a long way to go yet. Secondly, it sold in a few hours. I'm telling myself this just wasn't 'the one'; it wasn't the right color (I'm really leaning toward a natural finish right now, although I would love a Goldtop too), the case was filled with cat hair, whatever. I'm trying to keep my hopes up, but missing this one hurt a little.

Someday.

I've been listening to a lot of Chet Atkins lately. Here is is with Paul Yandell and some of the regulars from the old RCA Studio B days doing "Mrs. Robinson".

Goldtop Lloyd

I remember the first time I saw Stanley Jordan. He opened for Wynton Marsalis. About two minutes into his set, I turned to the woman I'd gone to the show with and said, "I quit." Three hours later, I was in my room trying to figure out how he did that.

Hope I'm not stealing your thunder here, but this is a cool performance by him. I remember seeing two shows of his back to back one night in a small club. At the end of this song, he was standing on two volume pedals rocking them both back and forth. That's the only time I've ever seen someone do that.

Shawn!

I haven't logged on for a few days, and I come here this morning and find this. You made my day already, so Thank You! I saw somewhere that there is a new book coming out about Jimmy Webb; Bio, autobiography, something... It may already be out for all I know.

I hope all is going well your way. :)

Lloyd

I remember the first time I saw Stanley Jordan. He opened for Wynton Marsalis. About two minutes into his set, I turned to the woman I'd gone to the show with and said, "I quit." Three hours later, I was in my room trying to figure out how he did that.

Hope I'm not stealing your thunder here, but this is a cool performance by him. I remember seeing two shows of his back to back one night in a small club. At the end of this song, he was standing on two volume pedals rocking them both back and forth. That's the only time I've ever seen someone do that.

Alan,

This topic/thread is for all of us. The thunder here is OURS.

I always wanted to see Stanley Jordan live. You have been to some amazing shows, haven't you? Very cool.

The first time I saw Eric Johnson live, I thought to myself that it was a crime to call what I did and what he did 'guitar playing'. Two different worlds...

Lloyd

Hello Everybody. I hope you're all doing well. It's Monday August 7th, and it's been a while since I posted anything. I've missed you folks and all the happenings here at The Forum, and I plan to spend the next few days going back and seeing what I've missed while I've been gone.

My computer has been giving me a lot of problems, and how much longer it will last is anybody's guess. Between that and some health things I haven't been able to be online very much, but for now I'm back in business and I plan to make the most of it.

This is Elvis Month, so in his honor here is his version of "Promised Land".

Lloyd/Goldtop

Back