What is a "2 channel 20?"

• Thread starter Deleted member 5962
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5962

One available locally. Cheap. It's NOT a Custom 20 or I'd have bought it already, so I assume it's an overseas model, but it doesn't say SE. I can't even find it on the PRS website.

Anybody have any info on these?

I found a few SE 2 channel 20 amps for sale. A couple different styles.

Yeah, what's throwing me is, this one doesn't say SE on the front. Or "Custom." It just says "2 Channel 20." I can't read everything on the back, so I can't see if it says SE, MIA, etc.

Seller answered me back on couple things. He said he knows it's not American made or he'd be asking a lot more for it. :) He didn't answer about what power tubes it had.

I guess what threw me is, cosmetically, it looks JUST like the Custom 20 or 50 with vinyl front instead of flamed maple. Back, same thing. It looks identical to me Custom 50 I just sold. Most of the SE's I've seen, I could identify it as one from appearance, but not this one.

Worth $300? Maybe we'll see...

MIC. I've seen a few. Cosmetically, nearly identical to US made. There are a few on Reverb.

I looked on Reverb today to confirm what I could. Most SE's say PRS, not the script Paul Reed Smith. It has script Paul Reed Smith and the case is JUST like a custom 20 or 50. The face and knobs are also just like the Custom 20 and 50.

I'm waiting on a reply from him at some partial trade bait I threw out that he might be interested in. I told him that if he wasn't interested, I'd probably buy it outright.

I have that head. At the end of the amp run, they were working on redesigning the cabinet to make it look more like the USA one, so this should be one of the later ones. Mine will be used at the DC blues Society open mike tomorrow. It’s got good clean tone, and the lead channel needs to be fiddled with. I’ve ended up playing with the bass all the way off with my PRSi. It responds very differently to every single guitar. The bass response is overwhelming with a closed back cabinet, so I run it with an open back cabinet with 1 Celestion 60 watter in it. It’s my dive bar amp. I use it when my 2 channel 30 combo would have to be hauled up more than one flight of stairs.

The guy answered me quickly on Friday afternoon, but hasn’t answered back since. Maybe only checks that email while at work or something. Anyway, what power tubes does it have?

This has 6v6 power tubes. Mine is going to Jeff Bober of East Amplification on Wednesday. It’s fizzy and lost it’s power. And while I’m at it, I’m going to have him change the low response.

I
This has 6v6 power tubes. Mine is going to Jeff Bober of East Amplification on Wednesday. It’s fizzy and lost it’s power. And while I’m at it, I’m going to have him change the low response.
Interesting. I never knew PRS made a 6V6 amp! They are great for certain sounds.

I think the last few SE amps (the series before the Sonzeras) were dressed like USA Custom 50s
Makes sense, because I've seen several on Craigs List or Reverb that look just like the US series. One even didn't list in the ad that it was an SE but the pics of the back of the amp showed the SE on it.

I have an SE 2 Channel 30 that was supposedly one of the last ten to leave the factory. It looks just like the USA amps. It has a remarkable sound, but you have to give it some volume. It also weighs a little too close to my age and that ain't good. Stairs kill me even though everyone loves the sound. My SE 2 Channel 20 head is going to Jeff Bober for some surgery this week. It refuses to play nice with others.

I have an SE 2 Channel 30 that was supposedly one of the last ten to leave the factory. It looks just like the USA amps. It has a remarkable sound, but you have to give it some volume. It also weighs a little too close to my age and that ain't good. Stairs kill me even though everyone loves the sound. My SE 2 Channel 20 head is going to Jeff Bober for some surgery this week. It refuses to play nice with others.

How is Jeff doing these days? I had an SD 18 and loved it. Would have never sold it but shared EQ didn't allow me to get both channels the way I wanted them.

Back