What is 1 piece of gear you regret letting go of that is too expensive to replace now?

And regretting gear I've sold - not so much. I regretted selling one of my current guitars and once I'd bought it back four years later I could see straightaway why I sold in the first place, but also why I wanted it back. I do regret not buying some guitars I tried when they were cheaper - mostly a '54 Strat and (especially) a '59 Les Paul Jnr that both sounded wonderful (probably the two nicest sounding guitars I've played). I also regret not asking to buy a friends very early '86 PRS Custom in faded VY with a blue-lined case to bring it back to PRS, it was sold by the time I thought ask if he'd sell it me.

Last edited:
Had a pair of Japanese RG-550s, one in Desert Yellow and the other in a weird orange. I was actually in Japan at the time, and they were like $600 for both. Broke the neck on the yellow one, and the orange one was sort of a project guitar that I ended up giving away.

I wish I wasn't such an idiot back then. :(

My Martin Clapton acoustic. Number 5029.
Paid £2450 for it mid 1990s sold 2013 in a mad bout of depression for £500 less than it was worth. May yet buy another when my son is grown up a bit and is a little more gentle with stuff. I’m not into saying don’t touch.

I mean, I’m sure I’d cosplay Jonsey too.

You're gonna need to wear a knotted hankie on your head for the full effect.

Jones is on the left. It's an interesting look for Sergio.

1642.jpg

Jones is on the left. It's an interesting look for Sergio.

1642.jpg
Maybe Alnus will remember but you used to see people at the seaside slumped in deck chairs wearing knotted hankies on their head, often also wearing tank tops like these. A part of our culture that's gone I think (I'm in England), but what the two Jones were nodding to respectively. Same with Pearly Kings and Queens - I can't remember the last time I saw one.

Maybe Alnus will remember but you used to see people at the seaside slumped in deck chairs wearing knotted hankies on their head, often also wearing tank tops like these. A part of our culture that's gone I think (I'm in England), but what the two Jones were nodding to respectively. Same with Pearly Kings and Queens - I can't remember the last time I saw one.

Haha yes I remember guys my grandads age wearing a knotted hanky on there heads :D

If you look closely at the handsome blonde on the left, you will see such a jumper.

Last edited:
Back